rp military rank insignia [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : rp military rank insignia

cebuboy
10-23-2004, 08:46
hi bogs, anybody got a picture/sketch of our armed forces rank insignia? i only know that star=general:)

New_comer
10-24-2004, 05:51
I doubt if ours stray far from the US Army insigna patterns. We Pinoys adopted/adapted the US Constitution with our 1935 Commonwealth version, Coca cola, rock and roll, and look up to the green card as a ticket to redemption from poverty. ;Q

I guess you would be quite accurate with a download of US military insignia. From the top of my head I could confirm the progression of inverted V's as private, corporal, sergeant; double bars as lieutenant, clover leaf for major, forgot the captain's and colonel's... ;)

cebuboy
10-24-2004, 16:02
hi nc, our commisioned officers have different rank insignia than their us counterparts. our lt do not use the bars. so does major and colonel do not use the clover and armani:) i think 2lt starts with a triangle the full colonel has 3 circles:)

Pepe G Boy
10-24-2004, 20:29
Hope this will help.

http://reference.allrefer.com/country-guide-study/philippines/philippines165.html

cebuboy
10-25-2004, 03:28
thanks pepe:) one more thing, how about our police? do they use the same insignia?

Pepe G Boy
10-25-2004, 03:41
I believe its different. Their corresponding ranks are also different (e.g. Master Seargent in the military is equivalent to Senior Police Officer 4 in PNP). Will try to research that for you.