charlie vanek [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : charlie vanek

atmarcella
10-25-2004, 06:18
bogs what's your opinion of this offer from charlie vanek:

Hello Andrew,

I understand about shipping the G22 to the US. The 1.5 lb. trigger does have to be fitted by me because it could go full auto or double without proper fitting. I can send custom parts that will give you a trigger pull in the 2 lb. + range. These parts are drop in, but it does require a person that understands how the safeties work and adjust the pre-travel (screw) accordingly. Not all Glock’s are the same and I wish it were a simple installation. I can send everything somewhat preset, but the trigger safety will need some material taken off and that will depend on you along with the adjustments.

Cost for the parts: $175.00 plus the shipping cost. I usually tweak the striker (makes a smoother trigger pull and harder hits on the primers) when I do the action job and it would cost more if I were too send a new one.

The parts included are:

1 custom trigger bar

1 custom firing pin safety plunger

1 custom trigger housing w/ pre-travel & over-travel stop screws and hex wrenches

1 custom 3.5 connector

3 custom springs (trigger spring, striker spring, safety plunger spring)

Regards,

Charlie

Alexii
10-25-2004, 06:50
I don't know, at $175? I don't want being tethered on the edge of my Glock going full auto on me. $175 will buy plenty of practice ammo. When used correctly, it will go a long way to make you a better shooter even without equipment modification.

FWIW, Dave Sevigny switched back to stock internals after having some problems with his custom and presumably expensive trigger assembly. His verdict: "It doesn't make much difference".

Eye Cutter
10-25-2004, 07:21
i think custom glock racing is offering a drop in competition trigger assembly. you might want to check that out, too.

do you have a 3.5lb connector already? with some polishing and a change to a lightweight striker, trigger pull can go down around 3lbs. don't sweat too much trying to bring your trigger pull down that much(sub 3 lbs). What you want to do is to remove the vibration when the connector releases the striker.

Invest in a match barrel instead.

mc_oliver
10-25-2004, 08:32
If I'm reading correctly what people are raving about the vanek trigger I'd sing the off tune and say 'Go for it!" ;)

If you decide to get it, patingin kung pano nya ginawa dre ha. ;f

atmarcella
10-25-2004, 08:33
Originally posted by Alexii
I don't know, at $175? I don't want being tethered on the edge of my Glock going full auto on me. $175 will buy plenty of practice ammo. When used correctly, it will go a long way to make you a better shooter even without equipment modification.

FWIW, Dave Sevigny switched back to stock internals after having some problems with his custom and presumably expensive trigger assembly. His verdict: "It doesn't make much difference".

thanks alexii, good info about dave sevigny;f

atmarcella
10-25-2004, 08:41
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
i think custom glock racing is offering a drop in competition trigger assembly. you might want to check that out, too.

do you have a 3.5lb connector already? with some polishing and a change to a lightweight striker, trigger pull can go down around 3lbs. don't sweat too much trying to bring your trigger pull down that much(sub 3 lbs). What you want to do is to remove the vibration when the connector releases the striker.

Invest in a match barrel instead.

doc do you think a g24 barrel on a g22 is a good idea? i've seen some pictures kasi of competition guns at CGR and i think i saw one na parang ganyan ang set-up, w/ g24 tungsten guide rod pa, pwede kaya lagyan ng barrel weight yung protruding guide rod? doc sensya na my imagination is going wild, or is it a good idea;4

atmarcella
10-25-2004, 08:43
Originally posted by mc_oliver
If I'm reading correctly what people are raving about the vanek trigger I'd sing the off tune and say 'Go for it!" ;)

no problem mc_o:)

atmarcella
10-25-2004, 08:52
Originally posted by atmarcella
doc do you think a g24 barrel on a g22 is a good idea? i've seen some pictures kasi of competition guns at CGR and i think i saw one na parang ganyan ang set-up, w/ g24 tungsten guide rod pa, pwede kaya lagyan ng barrel weight yung protruding guide rod? doc sensya na my imagination is going wild, or is it a good idea;4

doc picture below

Eye Cutter
10-25-2004, 09:07
hindi kasya sa ipsc box.

ogiebb
10-25-2004, 20:08
charlie is the greatest thing since sliced bread for Glocks but its a total waste kung hinde sya mag fit, kasi maraming angles and secrets yung mga installs nya. wala na sasarap pa sa trigger ni Charlie;f pero for me
heres a couple of stuff to do to make it as sweet as possible

1 ghost rocket or any 3.5 connector smooth and polished
2 wolf reduced striker spring
3 cut a coil or two on the plunger spring
4 polish the heck out of the cross of the trigger,striker,plunger tube and more( yung end ng cross dont round it off)
5 put some trigger slick in the connector and plunger safety tab or pin ba ang tawag dun?
6 get stronger triiger spring or re angle the hole on the trigger bar for the trigger spring (better yet do both)
7 put some trigger slick on all of them parts hehehe
8 CHECK ALL SAFETIES and make sure they are working

i dropped my glock 24 ,35 to 1.5 to 2.5# on this mod...but charlie' trigger got me beat on the crisp on his trigger when i start shooting glocks again im sending him my next glock and thats for sure

ogiebb
10-25-2004, 20:09
uy double sorry;f ;f

ppts799
10-25-2004, 20:42
Originally posted by mc_oliver
pagmagsalita ito, parang nag down payment na kay dino ha . . . ;e

mc_oliver
10-25-2004, 21:26
Originally posted by ppts799
pagmagsalita ito, parang nag down payment na kay dino ha . . . ;e
Hehehe, kaya nga hold off muna lahat ng purchases eh. Nainggit ako sa bago'ng baby mo. ;f