Alika, byahe tayo!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Alika, byahe tayo!!

CarlosDJackal
10-26-2004, 21:49
Viewing this video made me very nostalgic for my Motherland and my childhood of long ago. I've been to a lot of the places they showed in this video, and how I wish I could visit them again with my late Parents by my side. I pray to God that I will be able to visit them with my own children someday.

Always remember and take pride of who you are and where you come from. It may be true that you can never come home; but it doesn't mean that you cannot visit.

Enjoy!! ^c

http://www.tourism.gov.ph/media_source/byahetayo.wmv

mikey177
10-27-2004, 01:26
Yes, the Dept of Tourism is trying to do a good job of promoting the Philippines. I just wish that our national and local officials also do their part in making sure that the DOT image corresponds to the national reality.

I for one trek almost daily from Pangasinan to Tarlac, and twice or thrice a month from Pangasinan to Quezon City. I have to tell you, apart from the North Luzon Expressway, the other national roads linking the province leave much to be desired. I can't even maintain a constant 80kph in the province because of the potholes, not to mention the tricycles and kuligligs that love to travel at a snail's pace along the highway.

But yes, in spite of the many flaws of the Philippines, I am very happy to live and raise my family here.

bulm540
10-27-2004, 06:32
Damn , makes me wanna go home for a vacation.

kneeoh
10-27-2004, 07:13
I miss the RP ;1 ;1

Was born there, but raised in the US. My parents did a fantastic job of raising my sibs and I with both cultures. Only after I went to UP College of Med, Pop's alma mater, did I feel much more in tune with what it means to be Filipino.

The commercial brought back so many memories cuz in the 5 years I was there, I got to see almost all of the places mentioned in the song. There's even a street scene from Vigan... I walked that street numerous times (Pop is from Vigan and we have family there).

Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!

CarlosDJackal
10-27-2004, 08:29
Originally posted by kneeoh
I miss the RP ;1 ;1

Was born there, but raised in the US. My parents did a fantastic job of raising my sibs and I with both cultures. Only after I went to UP College of Med, Pop's alma mater, did I feel much more in tune with what it means to be Filipino.

The commercial brought back so many memories cuz in the 5 years I was there, I got to see almost all of the places mentioned in the song. There's even a street scene from Vigan... I walked that street numerous times (Pop is from Vigan and we have family there).

Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!
Kabayan, my Lola was from Vigan!! ^c

julianz
10-27-2004, 08:45
Maganda po di ba.
No matter how screwed up the system of government is , no matter how corrupt some people are in PI, no matter how poor the Philippines is .No matter how bad some country view the Philippines is. The sounds , the places , the beauty of the people within is keeping me and my family to permanently leave this fascinating islands.
you and i can help make it more beautiful by simply visiting ones in a while ..the dollars you bring will mean alot to the country ..Kita kita po tayo..WOW PHILIPPINES ^c

jerrytrini
10-27-2004, 16:11
I am anxiously waiting for January 2005 to come. It will be my second vacation in 3 months. I just hope that I can meet up with the BOGs again.

Vault Keeper
10-27-2004, 19:45
To all kababayan members, make the title of this thread a realty! A lot of improvements likewise in Manila! Mayor Atienza did a good job in improving it...Roxas Blvd, Avenida, Liwasang Bonidafio, Rajah Sulayman...to name a few!^c ;F ^c

Vault Keeper
10-27-2004, 19:55
kababayans, lets make the title to his thread a reality! A lot of improvements here in Manila! Roxas Blvd, Rajah Sulayman in Ermita, Liwasang Bonifacio, Avenida, to name a few!^c ^c

mikey177
10-28-2004, 02:36
Any ideas where a newly-transplanted city boy can spend the semestral break with his family here in Pangasinan? We're saving a Baguio trip for the new year holiday, and we've already been to the beaches in La Union. Any other places of interest where we could spend a quick weekend with the kids?

PMMA97
10-28-2004, 03:10
Originally posted by jerrytrini
I am anxiously waiting for January 2005 to come. It will be my second vacation in 3 months. I just hope that I can meet up with the BOGs again.

Kabayan!

God willing we might be able to meet when you visit :)

batangueno
10-28-2004, 05:47
Originally posted by jerrytrini
I am anxiously waiting for January 2005 to come. It will be my second vacation in 3 months. I just hope that I can meet up with the BOGs again. Sigurado meron get together ulit pagdating nyo. :)

julianz
10-28-2004, 06:01
Originally posted by mikey177
Any ideas where a newly-transplanted city boy can spend the semestral break with his family here in Pangasinan? We're saving a Baguio trip for the new year holiday, and we've already been to the beaches in La Union. Any other places of interest where we could spend a quick weekend with the kids?

try this http://www.travel.pangasinan.com/

sarap naman dyan sa inyo daming pwedeng puntahan.

Sir Jerrytrini PM sent

CarlosDJackal
10-28-2004, 10:15
You know, after vieweing the film clip for about the dozenth time, I just realized that they showed more of the artist than the sceneries. Not to mention they made the shots of the artists much larger.

I would have preferred it the otehr way. Some of the scenery they showed was too small to really make out the beautiful details they have. But I guess since the artists supposedly did this for free, they have to get some face time.

I still get flashbacks from when we shot the rapids, visited Bagiuo every summer ("Give me money, five centavos only"), and swiming in Taal lake. ;f

They are also missing anything about the monuments of Corregidor and Bataan.

mikey177
10-30-2004, 07:18
Thanks for the link, julianz--I'll look at the site tomorrow.

For those of you thinking of travelling up north this long weekend (due to All Souls Day), try to avoid Tarlac City and Urdaneta City if at all possible. Traffic is terrible at the intersections unless you know where the shortcuts are.