Ever had to reboot your watch? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ever had to reboot your watch?

huaco
10-28-2004, 17:53
Night before last I woke up and pressed the button on my Timex Expedition to light it up so I could see what time it was and got no light. This watch has a large analog dial and a completely separate small digital window with all the digital bells and whistles. Next morning I noticed that the analog dial was working fine and the digital window had some meaningless numbers displayed but none of the buttons made anything happen. I've only had the watch a few months and the light was plenty bright last time I used it so a low battery was not indicated.

As the office sysadmin in my spare time I've trained most of the users to reboot before calling me about a problem. I guess that mindset is in me too because my first thought was to power cycle the watch. It took some effort to remove the back, remove and replace the battery, and replace the back but guess what...it's fine now. I'm dating myself by saying this but the terms reboot and power cycle did not exist during the first two thirds of my life. Now I'm wondering if there's a way use those procedures on my car, my body, my life, etc.