honey and viniger [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : honey and viniger

Front Sight
10-30-2004, 05:31
Has anyone heard of taking a teaspoonfull of honey and viniger everyday? I have forgotten what it was supposed to do for you.

DonGlock26
10-30-2004, 17:30
I know from a beekeeper that raw honey taken daily is an old German folk medicine for allergies. You are getting local pollen in a daily dose. Vinegar is made with molds? So, perhaps it does the same thing for mold allergies. So, my guess is a folk medicine treatment for allergies.

MGomez81
11-14-2004, 22:12
My dad takes a tablespoon of honey once a day... he's strong as an Ox. I'm sure it's not just the honey, but moreso another good measure in staying healthy.

I figure what the hey, it can't hurt. Not sure scientifically what the benefits are.

biere
11-17-2004, 10:12
I came across an old book about apply cider vineger, however you spell that and the book was from the 70s I think, at my parents house. It had all sorts of great things this stuff could do, mostly like a lot of health food stuff that talks about free radicals or other stuff.

I don't know how much is true, but it made me run a search on the net and some of the stuff is still being talked about today.

On the honey it is usually raw honey and not the more common past-your-eyes stuff. I really like playing with the honey comb if I can find a real bee keeper. Who needs bubbly gum or candy after that.

I believe you can get apple cider vineger in tablets as well, have no clue which is better.

One thing I like about the really old folk remedies that are still being talked about today is that they at least don't seem to cause harm. And someone willing to go to all this trouble for their health most likely does lots of other stuff as well. I consider it the shotgun method and hope to hit the target of good health with something or other.

If I can find the book I will post its info for you folks who want to check up on it.