slow yahoo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : slow yahoo

arnold ziffle
10-30-2004, 18:39
first , i dont know squat about computers which i will prove shortly. i hooked up to fiber optics about 9 months ago and it is lightning fast, or was.when im on yahoo welcome everything is slow. when i click on something it takes from 10 seconds to a minute to come up. when i click on gt attachments they pop up instantly. i recently , about four months ago had my computer cleaned out and then installed the three disk norton package.this slowness started two weeks ago. i ran the one step cleanup and the virus thing to no avail. any ideas that a computer embryo could understand?

fastvfr
10-30-2004, 20:26
Using Internet Exploder, are we?!

Well, IE slows down on Cookie-filled pages like Ebay and Yahoo when the Temporary Internet File cache becomes too large. IE searches for Newer Versions of those Cookies and that causes slowdowns.

Open Internet Options in the Control Panel, then click Delete Files and follow that with Delete Cookies. Then open the Advanced Tab and untick Allow Third-Party Browser Extensions, and then Apply it.

Then download Mozilla Firefox so all your Web pages open faster and you no longer have to worry about what the next Searchbar or Browser Hijacker will be!

Plus MFf blocks cookies so you don't have to. If you use your ISP-based e-mail grab Thunderbird as a mail client. If you only use Yahoo and other web-based mail, you won't need TB.

That should get you going.

Good luck!

FastVFR