Embarrassing moments [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing moments

hotpig
10-31-2004, 14:37
embarrassing moments...

Jon509
11-08-2004, 16:56
We had a guy from a neighboring dept. do that in a basic firemanship class. He even tightened the strap around his neck. The instructor didn't think it was funny at all but the rest of us about fell over laughing.

Jon

vafish
11-09-2004, 09:12
Scuba Diver?

oldstyle
11-11-2004, 23:08
I was taken off my feet and dragged by a hose clamp down a section of 5" hose...with three companies and two District Chiefs watching. At least I didn't let go.

obxprnstar
11-12-2004, 13:42
I had a REALLY bad trauma pt one night, 17yo drunk female, that I had to get on the radio to call med controll for orders. This freq is shared by several local hospitals/cinics and is on every ems radio in the state. I was all distracted when calling for orders to sedate the pt and requested valium and versed in 5mg/2mg doeses untill the pt was seduced. Everyone I work with heard it and to this day, some four years later,, I still get teasted about it.

TerraMedicX
11-12-2004, 18:00
Originally posted by obxprnstar
I had a REALLY bad trauma pt one night, 17yo drunk female, that I had to get on the radio to call med controll for orders. This freq is shared by several local hospitals/cinics and is on every ems radio in the state. I was all distracted when calling for orders to sedate the pt and requested valium and versed in 5mg/2mg doeses untill the pt was seduced. Everyone I work with heard it and to this day, some four years later,, I still get teasted about it.

;z

That's great!! I remember once picking up this 18 year old girl and her 16 year old boyfriend who has stolen his dad'd motorcycle and crashed it with both of them on it. Amazingly they both walked away (well mostly) she had a pretty deep abrasion/lac on her knee that needed to be debreeded and sutured.
It was totally a basic attend so I drove, but when we got to the hospital I go to pull the girl out on the pram and she looks at me and says, "Now, don't take this the wrong way, but you're REALLY attractive!" Well....normally that would have been a little bit of a compliment, but her boyfriend was sitting right there with his giant purple mohawk and piercings everywhere. ;g

Well needless to say my partner was giving me grief for the rest of the shift!

Nate.

obxprnstar
11-12-2004, 22:12
But was she hot?

I can honestly say that I have ever dated a patient.

Funny story will follow later about meeting a past patient the other day.