My monitor is screwed up, please advise [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My monitor is screwed up, please advise

thaddeus
11-01-2004, 11:54
I moved my computer into another room. After setting it up again, now my monitor has lost it's color, AROUND THE TOP, CORNERS AND EDGES in particular.
I have tried adjusting the color software and the monitor settings. I am thinking it might be a hardware issue? Anyone know what is wrong with my monitor?

The color in the middle is okay but not great. The colors around the top and right side are dull and off color.

Thanks!

NetNinja
11-01-2004, 12:28
Confucious say.

Make sure monitor cable is securely attached to the graphics card.
Also since you move the computer make sure the graphics card is seatted securely in it's slot.

Delta
11-01-2004, 12:41
Originally posted by NetNinja
Confucious say.

Make sure monitor cable is securely attached to the graphics card.
Also since you move the computer make sure the graphics card is seatted securely in it's slot.

Yep...check the video card plug in and go from there.

fastvfr
11-01-2004, 13:12
Did you set it up near any magnets, such as speakers?

Did you try Degaussing it? That's the setting in the monitor's menu that looks like a magnet with a line through it.

How old is it? CRT or LCD? An LCD won't have the Degauss function, but it also has a lot harder time doing what you described...

thaddeus
11-01-2004, 16:17
It is a CRT, a few years old. I do have speakers next to it, always have. I moved the speakers and saw no change.

I checked my monitor settings and saw a feature that is a square with wavy lines through it. I clicked on it and it gave me a few levels to adjust from 0% to 100% "H. Moire, V. Moire, OSD Position" etc. Adjusting the levels seemed to make no difference.

Things seem to take on a green tint around the top corners and right side of the screen.