1911 brands available [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1911 brands available

Kiddo
11-02-2004, 06:53
This is for those who are looking for a 1911 na hindi na kelangan pa dalin sa smith para pumutok. From what I have read mahirap maghanap ng marunong na smith, lalo na yung mga hindi tga MM. Which stock 1911s available here in the Philippines would you guys recommend?

atmarcella
11-02-2004, 07:53
kiddo,

last gunshow i saw a para p16.40 limited retailing for 81k, i forgot kung the store, its out of the box competition ready

Kiddo
11-02-2004, 07:59
I've read in other forums that Para has quality control and reliability issues. Is there truth in that statement? What about stock 1911s for defensive/tactical purposes? Thanks for your replies and Merry Christmas! :cool: ;c ;c

New_comer
11-02-2004, 16:51
Originally posted by Kiddo
This is for those who are looking for a 1911 na hindi na kelangan pa dalin sa smith para pumutok. From what I have read mahirap maghanap ng marunong na smith, lalo na yung mga hindi tga MM. Which stock 1911s available here in the Philippines would you guys recommend? My personal and honest opinion: there's no such thing. ;)

Getting a 1911 means a trip to the 'doctor' for reliability check-up and minor tweaking. Unless of course it's a custom built 1911 na guaranteed pa from the get-go. Otherwise, every over-the-counter purchase needs at least a visit or two to the smith. My Peters Stahl hi-cap made four such trips, bago ko siya napakinabangan. I'm wondering though with those who got high end pistols, like STI/SVI, if the experience were the same as mine. ;Q

Valor1
11-02-2004, 17:53
How about the Armscorp Practical Series?
Or the Rock Island Armory?
Or the factory enhanced Norincos?;)
At least these are cheap for base guns so when you total the Smith's labor costs it won't hurt you much.

batangueno
11-02-2004, 18:35
Which stock 1911s available here in the Philippines would you guys recommend? Para limited or an STI Trojan.

Kiddo
11-02-2004, 23:55
How about Colt or Springfield? Do they come reliable out of the box or kelangan parin ng konting smithing?

kerwin
11-03-2004, 01:24
Hi Kiddo,
If i remember correctly, you are also from Cdo...
How many gunsmiths are there in CDOC? I know of Noel, MSgt Tagbo and Marsing, are there any more? i dont compete, so we probably havent met yet. I used to shoot with the guys from globe telecom, Tony Ching and Seth Roy, parang si tony nalang ata ang active shooter.

Kerwin

batangueno
11-03-2004, 01:56
How about Colt or Springfield? Do they come reliable out of the box or kelangan parin ng konting smithing? Well it depends on how lucky you are. :)

Alexii
11-03-2004, 06:00
This is for those who are looking for a 1911 na hindi na kelangan pa dalin sa smith para pumutok. From what I have read mahirap maghanap ng marunong na smith, lalo na yung mga hindi tga MM. Which stock 1911s available here in the Philippines would you guys recommend?

I've been hearing a lot of good things about the NRM Colt 1991A1. Haven't heard a bad, verifiable story yet. Colt seems to be coming out with quality guns lately.

Kiddo
11-03-2004, 06:15
Originally posted by kerwin
Hi Kiddo,
If i remember correctly, you are also from Cdo...
How many gunsmiths are there in CDOC? I know of Noel, MSgt Tagbo and Marsing, are there any more? i dont compete, so we probably havent met yet. I used to shoot with the guys from globe telecom, Tony Ching and Seth Roy, parang si tony nalang ata ang active shooter.

Kerwin

Hi Kerwin! :) Glad to see a fellow Cagayanon. I don't know any more smiths here aside from the ones you've mentioned since I also don't compete and I don't know many people in the shooting community. I'm 16 and I just shoot with my father and relatives. The last time I shot was before the gun ban. Busy na kasi sa school eh (4th year HS). Hehe. I'm probably the youngest one here. ;f Cheers! ;c ;c

Paltog
11-03-2004, 07:19
Kiddo
I can vouch for the Colt 1991( used to have one)...although I am very satisfied with the Armscor Practical Series, especially as a base(project) gun........

MAJINKONG
11-05-2004, 06:55
Originally posted by Alexii
I've been hearing a lot of good things about the NRM Colt 1991A1. Haven't heard a bad, verifiable story yet. Colt seems to be coming out with quality guns lately.

Gud Pm Alexii. Get a COLT NRM or a COLT XSE... they are out of the box 1911s already... i have one... a colt xse combat commander. :)

Alexii
11-05-2004, 19:01
Originally posted by MAJINKONG
Gud Pm Alexii. Get a COLT NRM or a COLT XSE... they are out of the box 1911s already... i have one... a colt xse combat commander. :)

Thanks Majinkong! Yup, that's what I have my sights set on-- the Colt NRM. I just wish the price did not escalate steeply from the previous gunshows.

Check out this excellent review by dsk of 1911forum.net--

http://usgi1911.tripod.com/series80/