Carrying concealed on bike: storage options advice [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Carrying concealed on bike: storage options advice

11-02-2004, 08:05
Here in AZ, the land of open guns and bikes, carrying a handgun can be difficult if you choose to stop in a local biker friendly restaurant, as they serve alcohol. Yet carrying for safety while traversing the desert would be kinda nice. So I have been trying to figure out how to carry, and then stash it somewhere on the bike in such a manner that its not obvious. Don't have saddlebags, and won't, but do use sissy bar bag. Any other options you've figure out? (not including carrying when you ain't supposed to!)

markos
11-03-2004, 14:29
Do you mean that in Az, you cannot carry into any place that serves alcohol ?

11-03-2004, 14:32
Yep, not unless you're LEO. All else are left defenseless. Doesn't matter how much alcohol is served, even a Denny's is not permitted. Kinda sucks, but its the law.

xrated
11-03-2004, 20:23
Back to the original topic....:) I live in Illinois and there are times that I would like to be able to transport my G23 on the bike, but I'm not sure if it is legal or not. Packing.org's IL. page has not helped me decide if it is legal or not. Here is what I have in mind, see if it makes sense to you, or if you know for sure that I would be legal.

I ride a CBR1100XX and have a tank bag (not lockable). The gun would go in the tank bag and the magazine would be in a cordura pouch under the seat, which is lockable. I'm not trying to carry concealed (you can't in IL), just transport the gun like I would do when travelling in a car or truck. Once I am in MO or wherever, I can use my PA CWL to legally carry concealed. Anyone from IL run across the same situation?

harleyclassic
11-05-2004, 20:29
When necessary I lock my G26 in one of my tool boxes with the cable lock going through the back and around the frame.

http://www.harleyclassic.com/glock.jpg

mmc45414
11-06-2004, 09:00
What do you ride? There is enough room under the seats of many bikes and that is in a hidden locked area. I have (currently) a DL1000 Suz and I have a loit of stuff stashed under the seat like jumper cables and stuff like that.

GSX-MAN
11-29-2004, 15:43
I Ride a CBR1100 too, and I'm having a bit of a problem carrying my rifle to the range. Does anyone have any advice?

mmc45414
11-29-2004, 20:00
Originally posted by GSX-MAN
I Ride a CBR1100 too, and I'm having a bit of a problem carrying my rifle to the range. Does anyone have any advice?

A rifle is a bit of a challenge but I haul my shotgun on the bike all the time in one of these:
http://www.americase.com/pages/order/3010.shtml

WERA49
11-29-2004, 21:31
If open carry is legal, you could use your sling and throw it across your back. Pack the ammunition, targets and tape/staples in the tankbag.

Expect to be pulled over. Make sure that the ammunition is locked. Of course, the rifle must be unloaded.

After a few trips, you'll get a mention on the 11:00 news.

Not many people would carry like that. However, if it is legal to carry in a gunrack in a truck, why not open carry on a bike? Being hassled on a bike and not in a car/truck is discrimination.

GSX-MAN
11-30-2004, 10:30
Originally posted by WERA49
If open carry is legal, you could use your sling and throw it across your back. Pack the ammunition, targets and tape/staples in the tankbag.

Expect to be pulled over. Make sure that the ammunition is locked. Of course, the rifle must be unloaded.

After a few trips, you'll get a mention on the 11:00 news.

Not many people would carry like that. However, if it is legal to carry in a gunrack in a truck, why not open carry on a bike? Being hassled on a bike and not in a car/truck is discrimination.

I live in The Netherlands. I have a permit for 3 firearms and this permit does not allow me to carry the firearms visible. Because I don't have a car, I have to carry my firearms to the range on my bike. Pistols are easy, they just go into a backpack.

At the moment, I carry my rifle in a guitar bag, but it's far from ideal.