a stupid question? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : a stupid question?

mikol
11-03-2004, 03:20
hi BoG's,

pardon me if my question sounds so amateur or stupid, but i have to ask it anyway. i am just new to this "firearms hobby thing" and need to know how this "additional firearm purchase" matter goes. here's the question;

let say i have a licensed .38 caliber revolver & the license is still valid for a year(end of 2005). now i want to purchase a caliber .45 or a 9mm pistol, do i have to process the same requirements like police, mayor & court clearances, D.I./R2, neuro & drug test, gun safety seminar & etc.etc.. again? can't i just show the gun store my valid license and other used documents as mentioned above? what are the necessary requirements to produce considering that i still have all the documents & valid license with me?

i was not able to ask this matter kasi to a gun store or dealer when i was there last year. that's why i am asking now the expert opinions and suggestions of the BoG's out there.;e ;f

julianz
11-03-2004, 03:37
in my experience sadik, if your Gun Safety seminar and DI is not yet expired pwede mo pang gamitin ule, kung expired na kuha ka na ng bago..the Drug and Neuro you have to aquire a new one ..Local clearances you need to submit a new one + Employment certificate or employment contract kailangan bago din..

Have you decided on what you will buy na..hirap no daming magaganda.

mikol
11-03-2004, 03:55
Originally posted by julianz
in my experience sadik, if your Gun Safety seminar and DI is not yet expired pwede mo pang gamitin ule, kung expired na kuha ka na ng bago..the Drug and Neuro you have to aquire a new one ..Local clearances you need to submit a new one + Employment certificate or employment contract kailangan bago din..

Have you decided on what you will buy na..hirap no daming magaganda.

shoukran sadik julianz. i think i'll go for the armscor practical series hi-cap 9MM. pero got also 2 options the DP-51 & the AP9(Tanfoglio). need to fire this models on the range pa to make sure kung saan hiyang yung kamay ko. ;f pero armscor parin is in the top of my list for now.:cool:

and for the requirements, well...have to give the gunstore the money nalang for them to do something about it.;)

deenoh
11-03-2004, 08:21
Originally posted by mikol
let say i have a licensed .38 caliber revolver & the license is still valid for a year(end of 2005). now i want to purchase a caliber .45 or a 9mm pistol, do i have to process the same requirements like police, mayor & court clearances, D.I./R2, neuro & drug test, gun safety seminar & etc.etc.. again? can't i just show the gun store my valid license and other used documents as mentioned above? what are the necessary requirements to produce considering that i still have all the documents & valid license with me?

If the license expired by 2005, that means you've had the firearm for at least a year now. Most of your requirements will probably be expired already. Mayors, Court and Police clearance only has a 30 day validity (for Paranaque, dont know with other cities. Probably 30 days also.), Neuro, DI, Drug Test, and Gun Safety valid for a year.

Since this will be your 2nd firearm, you will also have to submit a Gun Club Certificate even for 9mm.

Vault Keeper
11-03-2004, 19:27
Originally posted by mikol
hi BoG's,

do i have to process the same requirements like police, mayor & court clearances, D.I./R2, neuro & drug test, gun safety seminar & etc.etc.. again? can't i just show the gun store my valid license and other used documents as mentioned above? what are the necessary requirements to produce considering that i still have all the documents & valid license with me?

When I purchased another unit (within the 6 month period) I was able to use all of the required docs. According to them, 6 months is the validity of the documents.

Happy buying...;f

mikol
11-04-2004, 00:21
thanks guy, but i think deenoh is right about the validity of my documents. i think i have to sweat some extra bucks to get the non-"appearance thing" as gun store always offer us. i really don't want to waste my very short vacation time just chasing those documents again. i want to spend more time to my family and hopefully a nice trip to boracay. ;f we are not able to go last year kaya sabi ni kumander dapat tuloy na this year kung di ay...:soap: alam nyo na. ayun..nabawasan tuloy budget ko sa laruan.;Q

well...i think it's time for me and my family also to have this trip to boracay para bagang bonding narin namin dahil mostly i am out of the country for the whole year and only have a month or two max. holidays every year.

thanks again guys. :)