IE doesnt work. and......... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IE doesnt work. and.........

matt3310
11-03-2004, 18:13
I am having a problem with IE. It wont start up unless you use windows update to start it. Also i keep getting a message that my homepage has been changed. I dont use IE very much, I use Opera as my browser. I cant find anything unusual as to why this is happening. Ive ran spybot and norton to see if it could find anything but came up empty handed.

Also my computer shuts off whenever it wants to. for no reason. I had a tech come out and look at it, but it didnt act up when he was here.

Help please!!!!!!!!!!1
Matt

lomfs24
11-03-2004, 18:34
Try a couple different anti-spyware programs. I have found that just one won't catch them all. I use Ad-Aware the most.

As far as computer turning off, it might be a peice of spyware, but the first thing that came to mind is a processor overheating. Buy a can of compressed air, open the case, take it outside and blow the motherboard off concentrating in, on and around the processor. If you have had the computer any length of time you will be surprised by what comes out of there.

matt3310
11-03-2004, 20:29
thanks for the reply, its a new computer, about 3 weeks old. I will try ad-aware and see what happens. I built the computer myself, so that may be the problem. lol

matt3310
11-05-2004, 22:33
Well the shuting off seems to be fixed, but the IE changing homepages is still acting up. It comes up about every 3 min. Ive ran ad-aware, and Spybot along with Norton anti virus. Still nothing fixed it.
Anybody have any ideas?

lomfs24
11-05-2004, 23:43
What is the homepage changing to?

Out of curiosity, are you using any P2P filesharing applications such as Kazaa or WinMX?

NetNinja
11-06-2004, 00:10
Read the sticky at the top of this tech forum.