Which imaging program? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Which imaging program?

Nicky D
11-05-2004, 09:11
I currently am using Microsofts Digital Imaging Pro #9. I am curious as to what others are using & why? Also, I am wondering if I should take the plunge and purchase Photoshop CS?? Any thoughts or recommendations, purchase new or upgrade what I have? Thanks in advance.

General Sherman
11-05-2004, 09:24
Photoshop Elements at about $100 is what most people use and are happy using.

I happen to use PaintShop Pro 7 because that is what my computer nerd friend installed for me. (Sorry Ken Lunde).

I am sure that either would make you happy, but if you need the full Photoshop go for it.

I strongly feel that computer processing of images is essential to good prints and results.

Jaegergirl
11-05-2004, 11:51
i have photoshop, but i use it in my line of work so i guess i'm partial to it and it's the main reason i use it for my image editing. unless you think you'll need all the features photoshop has (it has far more bells and whistles i'd ever need for the editing i do with my digital pictures), i would go with something less expensive.

although i've never used either, i've heard good things about photoshop elements and paintshop pro so i don't think you'd go wrong with one of those.

Litespeed_67
11-05-2004, 12:41
I have several versions of many different editing software and usually end up jumping between either Photoshop or Ulead Photo Impact. Photo Impact has most of the features with the exception of available plug-ins but costs much less. You can go to www.ulead.com and download a trial version if you want.