Car gun location [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Car gun location

LexaDoig
11-05-2004, 23:31
What's the best way to stash a gun in your car? Assumptions are there's no PTC, just a PTT.

Right now I put it in an innocent-looking bag, not in a gun case because that'll attract attention. It's loaded, which is a violation of PTT. Can i be charged with "illegal poss of fireamrs"? or is it just a violation of my PTT, in which case it will be revoked and I just get a new one???

The problem is it's very slow to draw the gun from a bag should I need it to protect myself from BGs. Are there any other CREATIVE ways to keep a gun away from "plain view" (ie cops will need a proper search warrant in order to find it) while fast enough to be drawn?

antediluvianist
11-06-2004, 05:12
You wrote : "Are there any other CREATIVE ways to keep a gun away from "plain view" (ie cops will need a proper search warrant in order to find it) while fast enough to be drawn?"

Well, on another forum, a guy wrote that you should file down the front sight so that the gun won't hurt when you shove it up your rectum, or pull it out. Maybe that's more out of "plain view" than most of us would like. Would the cop need a "search warrant"?

LexaDoig
11-07-2004, 01:50
The cop won't need any when he sees the look in your face ;z

Man you're disgusting ;g

;f

atmarcella
11-07-2004, 08:04
under the passenger side floormats:)

New_comer
11-07-2004, 17:52
What gun?

A SW chief/airlite or Taurus M85 can easily be stashed in the glove compartment, Just fill it with rags. But if we're talking a full size 1911 or production gun, you may want to have a knapsack or duffel bag at the passenger's seat or flooring, half-open for ease of weapon's draw.

Either way, you'd be in trouble once the cops discover them. And I don't think you'll get away as easily as a mere revocation of PTT. Your gun may end up being confiscated, and you charged for illegal carry.

Use your car instead and run over the sanamagan! :cool:

Fonzy
11-07-2004, 18:04
or they'll take your gun, and let you go without any violation (as if nothing happened)... bye, bye gun ;f .

sort of huli-dap :(

:cool:

mikey177
11-07-2004, 18:19
Also, since we are on a public forum that anyone (read: PNP personnel) can access, you guys might want to limit the discussion to legal matters. Wouldn't want to incriminate yourself, y'know. However, if you're going to the BoG anniversary, we could discuss it "hypothetically" over a few rounds of beer :)

If they were able to put a popular person like Robin Padilla behind bars for illegal possession of firearms, I shudder to think about how the police would treat a common Juan dela Cruz :(

I'm with New_comer, if your life is in immediate danger, run over the BGs with your car.

9MX
11-08-2004, 08:54
Originally posted by New_comer

Either way, you'd be in trouble once the cops discover them. And I don't think you'll get away as easily as a mere revocation of PTT. Your gun may end up being confiscated, and you charged for illegal carry.

you'll be penalized for violating the provisions of your license and will be at the mercy of the PNP chief. illegal possession of FA won't fly if you have a license, which means you legally can possess one. worse case, your license will be revoked and would be banned for owning a gun ever, but then again, this is the philippines remember? ;f the CRayan (pun intended) Jaworski case of long ago proved that.