APS film [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : APS film

Clyde in CO
11-07-2004, 20:32
does anyone here shoot APS film?

You know, that advanced stuff from kodak that lets you switch the size of the exposure?

I still see it in stores, but it never took over like they predicted.

Now that digital is the flavor of the day, I think APS is on it's way out.

oh, yeah... I have a cannon ELF.

zaggie
11-07-2004, 20:55
I too have an ELF. I understand that APS film cameras are no longer being made. Now that digital is so cheap, the average consumer never needs to buy film again anyway.

Glock Bob
11-07-2004, 23:27
APS quality is horrible. Trying to squeeze as much data as a 35mm frame would hold into a 24mm frame is futile. Besides easy loading and the ability to switch print size, APS is clearly inferior to all but 110 and Disc. Most 1 hour labs can swtich between 4x6 and panoramic on 35mm anyway, and there are some 35mm cameras that are very easy to load.

hwyhobo
11-08-2004, 13:05
From the beginning, the APS project was doomed. It was a desperate attempt to create a new market, an answer to a question no one asked.

General Sherman
11-08-2004, 15:25
APS cameras are still being made but not in the disposible type by Kodak.

The APS film is superior to the standard 35mm consumer film unless you buy the higher priced 35mm film which is the APS type formula.

The format had its place as a point and shoot camera until digital hit it big. It is useful in places where access to a computer is not easy such as in third world countries. I am thinking of my friends in Costa Rica who do not have access to computers but want photos of their family.

I used it for snapshots of friends and events until I bought a digital ELPH to go with my APS ELPH. :)

Sulaco
11-15-2004, 20:09
my mom bought me one back before digital cameras came out. i used it for a while and then gave it to her when i got my 1st digital camera. she uses it and it takes good pictures as far as i can tell.