Where I Can Find & Is It Legal To Own [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where I Can Find & Is It Legal To Own

charlie-xray
11-08-2004, 09:42
Where I Can Find & Is It Legal To Own or LNL;f ulit

If yes Where? And how Much?

Pardon me for too much questioning, I'm a gun afficionado for a while but starting to get the nerve to spend my money and buy my TOYS to be.....

Regards,

Photo original from Mr. BRITT - Thanks, hope you don't mind me reposting

9MX
11-08-2004, 09:48
putol ang picture. is that an m4 carbine? i believe you can legally own one.

charlie-xray
11-08-2004, 13:50
I hope I got the name of this long-arms correctly.

Originally posted by 9MX
putol ang picture. is that an m4 carbine? i believe you can legally own one.

zorkd
11-08-2004, 18:46
surely has one of those, but they are kinda reluctant to sell to non LE people, black market has a lot of those, you'll just have to ask around.

bulm540
11-08-2004, 19:52
looks like a SOPMOD collapsible stock. I am converting my post ban AR 15 to a No ban AR 15. Sent my upper to ADCO firerms to be threaded and install a vortes flashider. Next is to install a VLTOR stock or RRA.

charlie-xray
11-09-2004, 06:05
Ok pardon me for being a bit stupid on this question, ask around where? I have no problem owning a non-licensed but I prefer a licensed one so that I could bring out to the range. Any legal places to get these, if not I'm stuck with the LNL.

Originally posted by zorkd
surely has one of those, but they are kinda reluctant to sell to non LE people, black market has a lot of those, you'll just have to ask around.

Alexii
11-09-2004, 07:33
I believe Darwin25 has a friend selling an accessorized AR-15. You can send him a private message and inquire about it.

Allegra
11-09-2004, 09:31
Originally posted by zorkd

DO NOT ASK AROUND AND DONT GO LOOKIN FOR ONE SA BLACKMARKET lalo na if your a newbie
If someone tells you that he know a cop /military/nbi who's selling one, RUN!! Run as fast as you can

ogiebb
11-09-2004, 09:51
yep what allegra said..i know a guy who got busted for this they bled him until he was broke..

bulm540
11-09-2004, 18:52
Isn't that entrapment??

gunfool
11-09-2004, 20:01
Originally posted by Allegra
DO NOT ASK AROUND AND DONT GO LOOKIN FOR ONE SA BLACKMARKET lalo na if your a newbie
If someone tells you that he know a cop /military/nbi who's selling one, RUN!! Run as fast as you can

Yes I agree with sir Allegra, never trust such a deal as it maybe an entrapment. Lalo na ngayon malapit na pasko baka mapa-aga bigay mo ng pamasko. Ang masakit sa di mo pa ina-anak di na bale sana kung sa aanakan;f

Allegra
11-09-2004, 22:11
Originally posted by bulm540
Isn't that entrapment??

Yup, entrapment, hulidap
Teka, oo nga noh! meron nga ba laws against entrapment dito sa Pinas?

paltik45
11-09-2004, 23:10
Mga Sir, maiba po ako. Meron na po ba na gunstore dyan sa atin na may tindang M16/AR15 parts like pins, barrel, trigger assembly, etc.? Kalimitan po sa mga store dyan ay panay pistol at shotgun stuff lang ang tinda. Medyo madali po kasing ipadala yung mga maliliit na pyesa dyan sa atin at ilang accessories. Salamat po. :)

batangueno
11-09-2004, 23:54
Originally posted by paltik45
Mga Sir, maiba po ako. Meron na po ba na gunstore dyan sa atin na may tindang M16/AR15 parts like pins, barrel, trigger assembly, etc.? Kalimitan po sa mga store dyan ay panay pistol at shotgun stuff lang ang tinda. Medyo madali po kasing ipadala yung mga maliliit na pyesa dyan sa atin at ilang accessories. Salamat po. :) Yes marami na nagtitinda, sa True Weight, Urban, Tony Pascual, etc.

bulm540
11-10-2004, 07:54
Yup, entrapment, hulidap
I am sure there is, if not imsumbong mo kay TULFO...;z . Maybe there are Lawyers in this forum that can enlighten us.

Allegra
11-10-2004, 08:32
I am sure there is, if not imsumbong mo kay TULFO...;z . Maybe there are Lawyers in this forum that can enlighten us.

Therein lies the dilemma
I made sangguni with some cop friends
Hindi naman daw yung nagbenta ang huhuli
Usually nakatimbre na agad sa ibang grupo, at yun ang huhuli AFTER the sale

9MX
11-10-2004, 09:00

none. you either prove the evidence was planted or search was unlawful which means whatever they got can't be used against you

charlie-xray
11-11-2004, 05:46
Is it possible, na bilhin ko yung parts by parts thru various sources like Colt, RRA Or Bushmaster then assemble it. What parts do I need, can anybody give me a full list.

I know entrapment, I have seen a relative of mine fall into one of those and he went bankrupt.

Thanks,.

bulm540
11-11-2004, 08:08
If you order from bushmaster, COLT or RRA directly they won't sell you the sear, auto selector unless you have a class 3 license. Best bet is to buy it there in the PI.

charlie-xray
11-11-2004, 09:41
Mga how much should I expect to pay for a whole/complete unit for second hand M16 or Colt. Kaso talagang ayaw kong bumili sa black market daming taran**** nagkalat ngayon na baka ma-trap lang ako.

Salamat.

If you order from bushmaster, COLT or RRA directly they won't sell you the sear, auto selector unless you have a class 3 license. Best bet is to buy it there in the PI.

attyjpl
11-14-2004, 09:34
Originally posted by 9MX
none. you either prove the evidence was planted or search was unlawful which means whatever they got can't be used against you

there is no specific law on entrapment to speak of but the basic concept is embodied in our revised penal code. entrapment is commonly used in buy-bust operations (illegal drugs).

actually, there is a crime in our penal code designated as "incriminating innocent person" which is basically planting evidence. but this crime can only be committed by a cop or any law enforcement personnel.

the seizure/confiscation of anything without a search warrant is indeed unlawful. that is what we call "the fruit of the poisonous tree". anything seized without a valid search warrant is inadmissible in evidence for any purpose.

however, there are several exceptions. one of these is the "stop and frisk" method or notoriously known as "bagansya".

9MX
11-14-2004, 09:48
Originally posted by attyjpl

the seizure/confiscation of anything without a search warrant is indeed unlawful. that is what we call "the fruit of the poisonous tree". anything seized without a valid search warrant is inadmissible in evidence for any purpose.

so let's say i was flagged down at a PNP checkpoint, after an invalid search (not in plainview), my licensed pistol was seized due to violations on my PTT. If it is declared as inadmissible as expected, would the PNP be obliged to return my gun? Or my case would just be elevated to the PNP Chief, which technically has jurisdiction since I really didn't commit any crime but rather violated the PNP's provisions for PTT

charlie-xray
11-14-2004, 12:26
Nice question, I'll keep watch on this.

Originally posted by 9MX
so let's say i was flagged down at a PNP checkpoint, after an invalid search (not in plainview), my licensed pistol was seized due to violations on my PTT. If it is declared as inadmissible as expected, would the PNP be obliged to return my gun? Or my case would just be elevated to the PNP Chief, which technically has jurisdiction since I really didn't commit any crime but rather violated the PNP's provisions for PTT

attyjpl
11-15-2004, 09:14
Originally posted by 9MX

the PNP would not only be obliged to return your gun, but they should not take it in the first place since your gun is LEGAL and the only "illegal" thing you did was violate the conditions of your PTT which, in my view, is only administrative in nature. do not, under any circumstance, surrender your firearm, unless you'll be forced to do so. just surrender your PTT. if they take your gun against your will, you can charge them with robbery or grave coercion which you can file either as a simple criminal case in the prosecutor's (fiscal's) office, in the PNP internal affairs service, or napolcom. :)

9MX
11-15-2004, 11:21
Originally posted by attyjpl
the PNP would not only be obliged to return your gun, but they should not take it in the first place since your gun is LEGAL and the only "illegal" thing you did was violate the conditions of your PTT which, in my view, is only administrative in nature. do not, under any circumstance, surrender your firearm, unless you'll be forced to do so. just surrender your PTT. if they take your gun against your will, you can charge them with robbery or grave coercion which you can file either as a simple criminal case in the prosecutor's (fiscal's) office, in the PNP internal affairs service, or napolcom. :)

great legal advice! thanks bro!:)