Where's your cpr card????? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where's your cpr card?????

Grog
11-09-2004, 18:03
I did the vfd thing from 92-99. We ran 1st responder tp all med calls because of the sloooooow ems times.

One time at work (in another state as I lived at the state line) I ended up starting cpr of a guy. I saw the medics later that night and found out he didn't make it. The younger guy asked if my cpr card was current. I told him if the blue guy didn't ask to see it, I wasen't worried ;f

BTW, the 1st time I started cpr by myself, I was going through my emt-b class. I showed up that night for class and found out me made it ^c

Some days I want to get back in, but the area I moved to is (the old boys club) type of dept ^2

obxprnstar
11-09-2004, 21:43
I would dis-regard (as I am sure you did) the younger and obviously more foolish (read blithering idiot) partner.

As for CPR card, I have no idea where the heck mine is. Whenever I have needed a card I just take a CPR class and get a new card. I typically just need a copy of my CPR card about once every two years.

I work full time as a paramedic and part time as a FF. Have numerous certs. I used to vol with the rescue squad where I lived, but then they merged with the county and the local Vol FD is a bunch og GOB'S (good ole boys) so I have stopped running with them.

Alpha752
11-09-2004, 22:09
To answer your question (as retorical as it is), its in my wallet.

Whats retarded is, I gave a copy of my AHA BLS CPR card to my boss (its a security job, not medical), and he made me take the company CPR class a few weeks later, even though I had a good CPR cert allready. I told the instructor I was an EMT, so he actually let me help explain stuff to some of the other people. Now I have 2 cards.

I hope to get my CPR instructor cert in the near future.

ClydeG19
11-10-2004, 08:45
I just got certified through the Red Cross. However I learned it in high school and still remembered how to do it. PA has a "good intentions" law anyway so even if you are not certified and give someone cpr incorrectly, they can't sue you unless they prove that you were trying to kill them by purposely giving improper cpr.

DepChief
11-28-2004, 12:20
Clyde makes a good point...all 50 states now have good samaritan laws which protect bystanders who attempt to help people in need. Unless it can be proven that you intentionally tried to harm someone who needed medical assistance, and your are not currently certified as some form of professional rescuer, you cannot be held civilly or criminally liable for trying to provide care in a medical emergency. I have also found that people who took a CPR class even many years before still maintain some of the skills that were taught to them, and providing even tertiary care in these instances is better than providing none at all.

G21FAN
11-28-2004, 14:18
Whats friggin retarded is requiring EMTs and paramedics to keep current cards on their own expense. Common, We do this at least a thousand times in training and countless times in the field. It is part of training and recert, damn money grabber what it is!:( :soap: