Supplement for general health [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Supplement for general health

bluemeanie
11-10-2004, 10:49
My natural frame would have to be characterized as "lanky", and I'm not after big gains in muscle mass. Wy workout consists of a karate class, which makes for tons of cardio and bodyweight conditioning, along with running three times a week.

My diet is whole foods, as little processed food as possible. I'm really looking for a single supplement to add to my daily multivitamin to help speed recovery, etc. I'd rather it contained little or no sugar and few carbs.

Thanks for any input.

cellison1460
11-10-2004, 14:51
I suggest you start taking a creatine compound, I have felt in the past that it greatly reduced recovery time. Since you dont want carbs I would suggest Cell-Tech Low Carb made by Muscle Tech. You can get it at GNC. I take the regular Cel-Tech and it has a lot of carbs in it but is about 25% of the cost of the low carb.

bluemeanie
11-11-2004, 13:31
Wow. 25% of the cost. I may have to do with a few more carbs. Thanks

Blaster
11-16-2004, 17:47
In my opinion there is no magic supplement. Your most important factor is a good balanced diet, and it sounds like your eating the correct foods. Your activity level suggests to me that you may not be eating enough to add muscle mass. Keep your carbs on the low end of the Glycemic index. Do not go more than 4 hours between meals. This is where supplements can help, for example a protien bar.

FreakyBig
12-06-2004, 06:07
Originally posted by Blaster
In my opinion there is no magic supplement.

Sure there is, they call it fina.
;)
Blaster is right though, proper nutrition will do more for you than any supplement out there.

bluemeanie
12-06-2004, 11:35
Blaster, I have to admit, my diet could stand some improvement, but I am doing much better with turning away foods that are not proper "fuel" for the bod. I got pretty stoked on a couple of "muscle-builder" supplements, but as supplies run out, I am not replacing them. I'll just use a good multivitamin and maybe a meal replacement, shake or bar, when I need one.

testosterone
12-09-2004, 21:49
to speed recovery times and to help saturate muscle cells then glutamine is of utmost importance. 15g a day would do you fine. its a tastless orderless powder. mix it with some apple juice and drink away.
BTW, fina w/o some type of testosterone therapy would prove havoc with the libedo..bad bad idea. for those who dont know fina (trenbelone acetate) is an anabolic steroid thats known for building quality muscle and tremendous strength w/o fear of water retention. Its also used during precontest dieting to help pack on hard muscle and its has also shown to decrease fat. thats your steroid lesson for today

JesseCuster
12-11-2004, 17:52
Second the glutamine. When I was using it, DOMS went away considerably faster.

With all the cardio you do, you need to keep your muscle mass level. You don't want to burn into it. If you are lanky and an ectomorph then you may try increasing your protein intake. I wouldn't worry too much about creatine unless you really wanted big muscle gain. Which you say you don't. ;)