PC100 SDRAM DIMM's, Who's Got the Best Deals? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PC100 SDRAM DIMM's, Who's Got the Best Deals?

Nalapombu
11-11-2004, 01:18
Hey,

I need either (2) 128 mb or (1) 256 mb stick(s) of RAM. They are 168 pin DIMM SDRAM PC100, and NON-ECC or NON-Parity.
I have looked at Crucial.com and they are too steep. I should've bought it a while back, but I thought it would get cheaper. Boy was I wrong...
Anyone have a source for good, reliable RAM at good prices?

Thanks for the info.

Nala

chevrofreak
11-11-2004, 03:54
Ebay. Prices for the oldschool stuff are still insane. :(

Hailstorm
11-11-2004, 06:19
I am selling RAM on ebay as I type. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6720981851&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

My RAM has some examples you will want to look for. Look for a maker that has a lifetime warrenty. This is a good thing. If you get it and it doesn't work, its a simple RMA. Sending back to the maker to get a new one. Then make sure the seller is not scum, so check that feedback. You should be able to get some great RAM for about half price. The RAM I am selling costs $199.99 for me. But I know I will be lucky to $100 out of it. I know about it. Its a great deal for anyone who buys it. Even if who ever buys it, over clocks it and blows it up. Kingston will replace it. I am not sure about other makers. Its easy enough to check out the websites of the maker. Choose wisely and you will be very happy.

IndyGunFreak
11-11-2004, 06:24
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_memory.asp

Looks like they have a 256mb stick for 69.99(after rebate). Note, I have no experience with Tiger rebates, but I've heard you have to pull teeth to get your money back...

Personally, I'd probably just save a little, and spring for a Processor/MB/Memory upgrade.

Use caution...

IGF

fastvfr
11-11-2004, 09:57
Old PC100/PC133 mainboards are no longer cost-effective for upgrading.

When a 512MB stick of DDR PC3200 can be had for less than the price of a 256MB stick of crappy PC133, you know the antiques have finally reached a state of diminishing returns.

Luckily, I have a bunch of older RAM; when I am hired to do a complete system build, the client normally will trade their old PC for a small savings on the labor costs.

Which can add hundreds to my fees after resale!!

Me thinks I need an Ebay seller's account...;)

Good luck,

FastVFR