Gun tacker question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun tacker question

mikey177
11-11-2004, 07:16
Hey guys, what type/brand of staple gun tacker can you guys recommend for tacking those cardboard targets during practice? I went to the hardware store today to look for a tacker, and I got confused by the different brands and sizes that were available.

Also, what size staple wire should I be using? Will the shorter or smaller size wires be effective in keeping the target boards from falling off the wooden frames?

Eye Cutter
11-11-2004, 07:26
the staples come in a black box with yellow and light blue markings. arrow yata brand. it's available at National Bookstore. I can't remember the staple number and the brandname of the staple gun itself. Kunin mo yung heavy duty na.

my tacker is Rapid brand. Made in Sweden.

mikey177
11-11-2004, 07:34
Okay, thanks for the tip, Doc :)

The hardware store I went to was selling the Arrow brand tacker, but they didn't have any staple wires to go with it so I hesitated to buy it. Tingin na lang ako sa QC next week.

doctabako
11-11-2004, 08:02
I use the Bostitch brand of tacker, made in USA(left over from my father's political campaigning days). Hamilton staples( My tacker uses No.51) are good and cheap, they come in green boxes of 5,000 staples. I buy them from hardwares in Chinatown.

ppts799
11-11-2004, 21:26
arrow. i THINK the size is T50(???). i used to get the med staple wires but it wasnt enough to hold the boards - maybe due to the kind of wood also. get the long ones, kahit may stuck na old staples pa sa wood, kayang kaya ng long wires. experience ko ito with armscor, sa dami ng old wires stuck sa wood, the board hardly touches the wood, pero with long wires yakang yaka.

mikey177
11-12-2004, 00:44
Ok, thanks guys. Must make a trip to another hardware store :)

gunfool
11-12-2004, 00:56
Originally posted by mikey177
Ok, thanks guys. Must make a trip to another hardware store :) Why not go to ACE Hardware. I had seen some heavy duty tackers there. I just couldn't recall the brand.

jasonub
11-12-2004, 06:07
arrow for me

9MX
11-12-2004, 10:11
chippangang daikin from robinson's handyman or ace hardware, puwede na