Head Shot [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Head Shot

jerrytrini
11-11-2004, 10:15
Did you see the bad guy get shot in the head by an LAPD Sgt? This bad guy took one of the clerks in the Mexican Consulate hostage. The Sgt was a firearms instructor at the Academy, score 1 for the good guys.

9MX
11-11-2004, 17:26
post the link/article sir jerry:)

Amateurknight
11-11-2004, 17:30
Nakita ko yun!! Sa Saksi... ka hapon ata...Big girl as hostage...all that was available was the head...;P

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_10-11-2004_pg7_57

paltik45
11-11-2004, 22:57
Yup I saw the footage in CNN yesterday and that was a very nice shot. Sana ganun din yung mga pulis dyan sa atin, naalala ko tuloy yung hostage situation dun sa bus terminal sa Pasay. Laglag na yung hostage taker niratrat pa kaya pati yung hostage na bata ay parang pegboard. ;g :soap:

antediluvianist
11-12-2004, 01:51
This might sound offensive to some , but I remember there was a Filipino expat working in a neighboring Asian country (I'll not say which) who told me that the WORST shot to take against a bad guy there was a headshot, because people there have very tiny brains so the overwhelming chance was that the bullet would go right through the head and not hit the brain. Well, Pinoy humor I guess. He also said that was why so many attempted suicides there failed, couldn't hit the brain.

julianz
11-12-2004, 06:49
Originally posted by antediluvianist
This might sound offensive to some , but I remember there was a Filipino expat working in a neighboring Asian country (I'll not say which) who told me that the WORST shot to take against a bad guy there was a headshot, because people there have very tiny brains so the overwhelming chance was that the bullet would go right through the head and not hit the brain. Well, Pinoy humor I guess. He also said that was why so many attempted suicides there failed, couldn't hit the brain.

thats a good one , try the natives here were iam working lusaw na mga utak sa tea at sa kauumpug ng ulo sa sahig;f

krinkov
11-16-2004, 04:49
i remember during an IDPA shoot where it was mandatory to take a head shot. it was doable but it was so tiring considering the stress on the shooter's part. kahit na board lang e ang hirap gawin if you're looking to take that kind of a shot.

batangueno
11-16-2004, 19:10
You are right krinkov, head shots are part of the IDPA classifier, ala mozambique drill.