Clipboard Memory [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Clipboard Memory

Corvette
11-11-2004, 18:30
Greetings,
I'm running Windows XP on an Dell laptop and am having problems copying webpages to word documents. I keep running into a message saying I have "insufficient memory."
How can I expand the amount of available memory I have available to store info on my clipboard when I use the "copy" function?

Thanks for the help!

Corvette

HerrGlock
11-11-2004, 19:42
Save the webpage as an htm or html file. Open the file in Word. See if that works.

It's probably not your actual physical memory, it's probably one of the system or user portions of it that's giving WIN fits. Nothing you can do about those, though.

Interesting. Try it after a clean boot and do that as the first thing you do and see if it works then.

DanH

11-12-2004, 11:07
Its not talking about RAM, it talking about swap file space. With XP you should set the swap file to be 1.5X the amount of RAM in the system (both min and max size), unless you've got more than 512Mb, then just set it equal to the amount of RAM (both min and max size).

Once the size has been reset, reboot and defrag - this will put swap file into one big chunk of contiguous space on the hard drive.

Swap file, page file, virtual memory - all the same thing.

To set the size - My Computer, right click - Properties - Advanced Tab - Performance Settings button - Advanced Tab - Virutal Memory Change button - select Custom Size - type in the same amount in both the Min(imum) and Max(imum) fields - Apply/OK out and reboot.