Bet you never thought you would see me here :D [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bet you never thought you would see me here :D

Sinister Angel
11-11-2004, 20:08
After all, for someone who starts controversy for profit and pleasure, why would they want to write? ;)

I haven't really written anything, but something I've always wanted to know is how to get the maximum feeling out of a scene description? Let me use an example to get across what I'm asking. Let's say the scene is a car chase in a rainstorm. Cars involved are high performance, oh, let's say a porsche and a corvette. How could you convey the true feeling and seriousness of this in written form? Obviously in A/V format (movies) it's easy, have a shot of cars flying by, then zoom in on the exterior of a car with the engine screaming and water getting kicked up all over the place, and then maybe an in car shot with the driving running through gears as he goes around some turns. This doesn't seem so easy to me in written form as something like

The pistons screamed. 8000 RPMs of pure mechanical lust moving a well crafted machine 130 MPH on a rainy day, trying to catch the man who killed his father. The cold rain did nothing to hinder his abilities behind the wheel. The large spray of water from the Corvette did nothing to slow his pursuit...

You see what I'm saying? I'm not writing anything in particular, but I'm wondering how something like this could be accomplished if I ever did.

TKM
11-11-2004, 20:42
8.28 posts a day and now you tell us you're not writing anything in particular.

;m

Sinister Angel
11-11-2004, 21:01
Originally posted by TKM
8.28 posts a day and now you tell us you're not writing anything in particular.

;m

;z

Ironbarr
11-22-2004, 19:39
130MPH; rain, ... not driving since no rubber on the road (hydroplaning) - must be flying. Pilot's license?;f ;f

Sounds like a good story though.

Glennbo
11-22-2004, 23:41
You seem to be doing fine.