Maybe You Ladies Can Help Me [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Maybe You Ladies Can Help Me

forthehalibut
11-11-2004, 22:02
I have a problem:

I can't gain weight!! How do you do it? I eat and eat and eat, and even stopped exercising, but I can't seem to gain any weight. I have ice cream nearly every night--no help. Chocolate bars, too. It would be nice to gain a little bit to have some reserve for when I start weightlifing.

Women seem to know alot about different diets, so I hope you have some suggestion.;f

MrsKitty
11-11-2004, 22:11
Well... I am loosing weight on a high protien, high fat, low carb diet so maybe up your carbs and you will gain? No simple carbs but complex carbs from whole grains, fruits and veggies.

Some people eat a high protien diet when lifting too. Maybe you should ask over in the Health Forum?

I would be curious to know myself...

Sorry I can't be of any real assistance :)

Melissa Ann
11-12-2004, 08:26
It has to do a lot with metabolism - apparently yours is very high, while mine is on sabatical ;Q . Do you have a trainer in mind for guiding you with your weight training?? Ask him/her for suggestions. Or your doctor. That way, you're putting on the weight in a healthy manner. Simply eating a bunch of junk food to add fat, somehow that doesn't seem healthy to me - you could increase your cholesterol, bp, blood sugars, etc and end up with a bunch of health problems you don't want (cardiac disease, diabetes, kidney problems...). It's the same for me with losing weight, if I drop it all suddenly by stopping eating carbs and other important facets of my diet, I'll get sick too. Gaining OR losing SMART is the way to go.

Eat a balanced diet, maybe a few more carbs than normal, until you talk to a professional about how to gain in a heathly manner.

Take care

forthehalibut
11-13-2004, 20:27
I know how to eat in a healthy way, but even then, I couldn't gain weight. I did FINALLy manage to gain about 10 lbs--and actully keep it on] when I did creatine with weight training, but I would like to try it without the creatine--even though it is safe for me [I have been told, anyway]. I just tried the high-fat, high carb--yes, complex carbs, for something different.

Thanks for the advice, gals!;)

Amelia
11-16-2004, 12:36
If only i had this problem! *LAUGH* I know how to take it off, but don't ask me how to put it back on, it might give me ideas...

;Q !