Hamfest this weekend [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hamfest this weekend

greenlead
11-12-2004, 00:43
A hamfest is coming up in town this weekend. http://www.acarts.com.

I'm cramming for the Tech exam like mad, using QRZ.com and looking through the downloaded question pools.

I tried to take the test last year, but misunderstood an announcement. Apparently, the tests ended at noon, not started. :(

I am hoping for the best! :)

beachside39
11-12-2004, 14:25
I wish you well with your Tech exam. As a VE, I help to administer these exams every month. We provided testing at our hamfest last weekend and have a new Techncian on the air this week as a result.

The practice tests on www.qrz.com are excellent. We recommend taking their tests daily for 30 days and you WILL pass the actual exam.

73s

greenlead
11-13-2004, 04:54
I woke up at Midnight this morning and have been studying ever since. I am feeling pretty confident now. I will let you know how I do.

BTW: I discovered my oldest brother will be taking the test as well. Nothing like a little bit of competition. My middle brother got his ticket several years ago.

All of my uncles on my mom's side have licenses, my grandfather had one, and my father has one. I feel like I will finally be joining the group. :)

KennyC
11-13-2004, 06:04
Originally posted by greenlead
A hamfest is coming up in town this weekend. http://www.acarts.com.

I'm cramming for the Tech exam like mad, using QRZ.com and looking through the downloaded question pools.

I tried to take the test last year, but misunderstood an announcement. Apparently, the tests ended at noon, not started. :(

I am hoping for the best! :)

Good Luck!
Hope you're a new Tech by Monday!
KAC
WB0E

greenlead
11-13-2004, 12:34
Just wanted you all to know I failed the test. ;1

....the General one, that is! ;z

I did pass the Element 2, and I will be eagerly hitting refresh on the FCC site for the next couple of months. And I do hope they get that lousy callsign assignment software debugged soon. ;Q

KennyC
11-13-2004, 13:20
Originally posted by greenlead
Just wanted you all to know I failed the test. ;1

....the General one, that is! ;z

I did pass the Element 2, and I will be eagerly hitting refresh on the FCC site for the next couple of months. And I do hope they get that lousy callsign assignment software debugged soon. ;Q

Congratulations! Welcome to Tech.

I had to take the General code test twice (and drive over 100 miles to take it at the FCC office .. back in the 60's) it was 13 wpm then.

KAC

greenlead
11-18-2004, 21:38
Does anyone have a ballpark figure for the time it takes for the FCC to issue a callsign?

*hits refresh on the FCC page again*

artjs
11-18-2004, 21:42
Generally about 3-4 days. I took my test on a Saturday, got onto the fcc web site Thursday noon.

Art N9TSC

greenlead
11-18-2004, 22:04
Ok, maybe the ULS problem caused a delay. I guess I'll just keep hitting refresh. :(

greenlead
11-20-2004, 21:05
I checked this afternoon, and the FCC has issued my new call sign. Because of the information that can be obtained by running it, I'm not willing to post it in this forum for it to be associated with my screen name. Therefore, if you'd like to know what it it, you can PM me. :)