Firefox bug [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Firefox bug

SamBuca
11-12-2004, 21:47
For those of you running Firefox, see if you can reproduce this bug.

1) Disable all the headers/footers when printing.
2) Print a page using the print icon on the bar...no header/footer.
3) Print a page from a site that automatically prints it via a "print" button in the HTML or from an onload() javascript...one specific incident is the payment receipt page from a Paypal transaction. You'll see the default header/footer.

Apparently it ignores your page settings if the page prints itself.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0

Windows XP Version 5.1 2600.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158 : Service Pack 2)

Brother HL-1240

fastvfr
11-13-2004, 12:55
Well, yeah....but it is still worth a lot more than you paid for it, isn't it?;a ;f

FWIW, I have gone back to using an older version of Mozilla. For whatever reason, the version of Ff I installed on XP Pro worked for a month or so, but then decided to stop starting.

The shortcuts for it all quit working, and even ripping it and installing a newly-downloaded copy didn't help.

So, no Firefox for me. But no IE, either!!;)

nickg
11-15-2004, 14:14
i've been using Firefox for a couple of months now and seems to be working just great for me. i avoid all of the fancy "extensions'' and "themes", etc., and just use it as a basic browser.

much better than IE by far!!!

SamBuca
11-15-2004, 18:13
Originally posted by nickg
i've been using Firefox for a couple of months now and seems to be working just great for me. i avoid all of the fancy "extensions'' and "themes", etc., and just use it as a basic browser.

much better than IE by far!!!
Wonderful.

Now...can you reproduce this bug? ;g

nickg
11-16-2004, 14:49
Originally posted by SamBuca
Wonderful.

Now...can you reproduce this bug? ;g

i haven't had any problems printing from any page, including HTML using the "print" button. but then i haven't disabled any footers or headers either FWIW. just my 2 cents before taxes. ;f

SamBuca
11-16-2004, 19:56
Originally posted by nickg
i haven't had any problems printing from any page, including HTML using the "print" button. but then i haven't disabled any footers or headers either FWIW. just my 2 cents before taxes. ;f
That doesn't help me or Firefox in the least.

nickg
11-17-2004, 13:34
Originally posted by SamBuca
That doesn't help me or Firefox in the least.

how bout if you take your PC and smash the ***** out of it with a sledge hammer? ;Q ;Q ;f