a weird thing happened to my gun or may mumu' ba sa room ko [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : a weird thing happened to my gun or may mumu' ba sa room ko

zorkd
11-12-2004, 22:38
when i'm home, i basically just keep my piece inside a bag near my bed.

so anyway, i got home, took the gun from my waist, pulled out the mag, made sure the chamber was empty, dry fired the gun, recocked the hammer, fiddled with the safety clicked it to on then off again, put the mag back in then threw it in the bag.

the day after, as i pulled it out, i saw that the thumb safety was missing! ;P

i had to dig around for the plunger and luckily found it at the bottom of the bag. i put it back in and function tested, everything was ok.

i just don't understand how it happened.

i know that the thumb safety can be removed just by pushing on the pin on the right side of the frame but hwo that happened accidentally when it was inside the bag is really freaking me out.

it never has come off the gun ever on my daily carry and wear even if i pack it hammer cocked safety off, empty chamber of course.

Alexii
11-13-2004, 08:42
Who else has access to your room? I find it unlikely it'll fall off by itself. You would've had prior warning if it's already extraordinarily loose in place. I had to exert extra effort (sometimes with a jeweler's screwdriver) to pry that thing out of the frame.

FAlvar
11-13-2004, 09:32
Gabiii ng Lagiiiim....

(aluloooooooong...)

julianz
11-14-2004, 00:52
Nginiiiig.

dont take alcohol or drugs man believe me one time i forgot the combination of my gunsafe i almost use a hammer to open it ;f ;f

vega
11-14-2004, 09:47
Originally posted by julianz
Nginiiiig.

dont take alcohol or drugs man believe me one time i forgot the combination of my gunsafe i almost use a hammer to open it ;f ;f He's sniffing too much Hoppes #9.;f

vega

batangueno
11-14-2004, 22:02
The 1911 gods are haunting you for carrying mexican style....hehe;f

zorkd
11-15-2004, 17:28
has access to it, as far as i know.

it is quite loose indeed, takes me one second to remove it.

i don't know, i keep it under lock and key now when i'm not carrying it, if it happens again, then i'll be a believer, never was one to believe in ghosts.

infinitecolt
11-16-2004, 06:48
A case of watching too much horror movies or drinking too much.;e

vega
11-16-2004, 13:58
infinitecolt
Let me the first to welcome you to the forum!!!!!

vega

infinitecolt
11-17-2004, 07:08
Thanks very much for the welcome Vega! best regards.

Mayor
11-18-2004, 09:55
is it possible that one of the pins(sear?) was put back the other way around so that the it would easily slide off on impact? the same thing happened to my Gold Cup once. i found on of the pins loosening as i was firing the gun. :)