PDA suggestions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PDA suggestions

DennisP
11-15-2004, 11:33
I am looking at getting a PDA, mainly to keep appoinments and work notes and such.

New to PDA's and was hopeing you could all give me some advice or suggestions. Not looking to spend too much money, under 300, if possible.

Thanks in advance.
Dennis P.

bobby_w
11-15-2004, 23:35
Have a look at the Dell Axim's. I have a X30 with wireless networking and it works great. The new X50's are awesome but out of your stated price range.

unixglocker
11-16-2004, 23:18
appointments and stuff. Any of the low end Palm devices. Zire
or whatever they're called now, if you can get one without a color screen all the better. Battery will last for weeks if not months, rather than a few hours like the whiz bang models.

Originally posted by DennisP
I am looking at getting a PDA, mainly to keep appoinments and work notes and such.

New to PDA's and was hopeing you could all give me some advice or suggestions. Not looking to spend too much money, under 300, if possible.

Thanks in advance.
Dennis P.

WolfmanGK
11-17-2004, 00:48
Originally posted by bobby_w
Have a look at the Dell Axim's. I have a X30 with wireless networking and it works great. The new X50's are awesome but out of your stated price range.

I agree. I have the first generation AXIM and it has served me very well. I used it a few weeks ago with a GPS to get from ND to CA and back again. The battery is old but ti still holds a charge for a long time. They are cost effective, feature packed, and are made well. You can't go wrong.

Clyde
11-18-2004, 08:59
I have to agree on the Palm(s). Solid tool and can be had well under your budget. They are tough and given your occupation I would think it to be the best solution. I do have several Pocket PC - PDA's (Casio, Dell, IPAQ) - very happy with them all. But I do not believe them to e as rugged as the palms ingeneral. They better suite my needs (Geek).

Be Safe

chevrofreak
11-18-2004, 09:05
I had a Palm M505 once upon a time. God thats a boring OS!

I say get something running Windows or Linux (Sharp Zaurus)