Responsible Posting [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Responsible Posting

ppts799
11-15-2004, 23:37
Gentlemen :

With 133 views, Iím sure you have read the sticky of our moderators. Although the moderators are referring to something specific, we must patrol our own forum also since we often use taglish and there are other issues to be concerned of. There have been previous posts that have been discussed and corrected, but since there are new members, the same topics come up from time to time. Therefore, as discussed with some members and jmy (el presidente) yesterday, the following should not be discussed nor posted in our forum (but not limited to) :

1) LNL Ė this started as a term of 1 member only almost 2 years back but since the meaning has been posted several times already, it should not be discussed in an open forum. This is just a reminder because it has been corrected before.
2) Shipping/Sending/Receiving gun parts which are forbidden by our local laws Ė this has also been corrected already before but the question is asked again every now and then by new members. There are gun parts which our local laws permit so we should just stick to these discussions.
3) Posting pictures of scantily clothed women Ė yes gentlemen, like one member postedÖ itís not that I donít enjoy seeing them, it just doesnít belong to a public forum. So please, no pictures of half naked women (that goes for fully naked too) and words with sexual innuendoes. To add, as stated in the GT rules, no links to adult sites.

These are usually the 3 recurring topics which keep on coming back. Similar topics may just be coursed through e-mail. We have met most of the members here, and we know that we are mature and responsible mga mamamayan at mga may ari ng BOGA ;)

Please feel free to add or to let me know if you have any comments. Please feel free to patrol our forum also. Iím sure we do not read all threads anymore. I myself donít read anything related to reloading, 1911s, non glock gun parts, shotguns, rifles, non glock pistols because I do not know anything about them and we are so BIG that it will take me half a day to read all threads.

Thank you gentlemen and thank you to Eddie C. and the moderators once again. ^c ^c

mc_oliver
11-16-2004, 01:28
To cover all bases for item #3, this includes fully and partially naked men, too. ;);f

We have a yahoo groups email also for BOG's and PinoyGlocksters. Feel free to use these for questions that need to be addressed within the BOG's circle.

Thanks.

krinkov
11-16-2004, 05:37
Originally posted by mc_oliver

We have a yahoo groups email also for BOG's and PinoyGlocksters. Feel free to use these for questions that need to be addressed within the BOG's circle.

Thanks. [/B]

i posted a reply for the "M16" thread on where to "get" 30-rd mags. does that count as something we can't post?

horge
11-16-2004, 17:02
Krinkov,

I woukld think....
since there is no law forbidding private ownership of either those mags or the select-fire rifles that accept them, and even an Executive Order that encourages it (particularly under the ephemeral cover of the PPSA's Rifle Marksmanship Competition Program), then it ought to be legitimate discussion material.

Such discussions on matters peculiar to the Philippines STILL ought to be clearly framed as such
--a lot of non-Filipino netizens can and do read our threads, and that creates a high risk of misunderstanding. By clearly marking the topic as legitimiate in the Philippine context, we do ourselves and any onlookers a favor.

:)

ppts799
11-16-2004, 21:04
Originally posted by mc_oliver
To cover all bases for item #3, this includes fully and partially naked men, too. ;);f
;z ;z ;z
kung may mag post ng ganyan, forever kicked out of GT yan :)

krinkov : in a nutshell, i don't think there's anything wrong with that.

krinkov
11-18-2004, 02:48
Originally posted by horge
By clearly marking the topic as legitimiate in the Philippine context, we do ourselves and any onlookers a favor.

:) [/B]

thank you sir! i wouldn't want to bring the heat on our BOG.