Where can I buy a Bar-sto barrel.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy a Bar-sto barrel....

DarkAngel66
11-16-2004, 18:22
In Manila??

Any recommendations on what store I should get it from?? I would prefer a store that accepts orders since the model I have in mind would be a somewhat 'custom' model with the customizing done by Bar-Sto themselves.

Thanks for any help.

batangueno
11-16-2004, 19:16
True Weight.

;F

DarkAngel66
11-17-2004, 14:29
Thanks Batangueno!!!

Anyone in particular I need to talk to at True wieght regarding the barrel??

Thanks again!

batangueno
11-17-2004, 18:52
Roland or Manny.

bagito
11-18-2004, 02:37
[QUOTE]Originally posted by batangueno
[B]True Weight.

thread hijack!!
any idea how much a g23 barsto barrel cost?
thanx

bagito

gunfool
11-18-2004, 02:56
how about g17 barsto barrel cost?

batangueno
11-18-2004, 03:04
A Glock Barsto barrel costs about $200, expect to pay around double that price here in the Philippines.

bagito
11-18-2004, 03:32
thanx

Alexii
11-20-2004, 05:17
Originally posted by batangueno
A Glock Barsto barrel costs about $200, expect to pay around double that price here in the Philippines.

So a Barsto barrel costs around 20k here? Mas mahal pa sa Norinco, ah. ;P

MAJINKONG
11-20-2004, 10:33
Originally posted by Alexii
So a Barsto barrel costs around 20k here? Mas mahal pa sa Norinco, ah. ;P

Nop... G17 barsto is 15T. try nashe.. pag meron. nakabili me last year for my G17C, tiyempuhan lang. tapos p fit mo sa jetro...

atmarcella
11-24-2004, 05:59
majinkong, magkano mag pa fit?

MAJINKONG
11-28-2004, 20:29
Originally posted by atmarcella
majinkong, magkano mag pa fit?

1,500pesos... kasama na pati polishing ng ramp at chamber. magdala lang ng bala gagamitin mo para ito ang basehan nila para sakto ang polishing ng chamber. ang model roung ko ay armscor fmj kc ito ang lagi ko gamit sa g17 ko..

atmarcella
11-28-2004, 22:54
walang available barsto .40 sa gunshow, final option has 3 barsto barrels all for 9mm, they have for g34, g17 and g19, try ko sa next gunshow, thanks bogs:)

Taurus
11-30-2004, 23:49
I still have that Accumatch barrel that Ante sold me about four months ago. Never used it since I can't shoot lead in my home range (PB Dionisio, indoor range). Bought it from Ante for 8K. (Used to belong to Doc EC, who has since converted to ParaLDA, but not before inveigling me to buy a CZ, but that's another story). Comes with a treaded compensator. PM me if interested.

jasonub
11-30-2004, 23:56
walang available barsto .40 sa gunshow, final option has 3 barsto barrels all for 9mm, they have for g34, g17 and g19, try ko sa next gunshow, thanks bogs:)

why limit yourself to barsto? I used to do that but when i shifted to sheumann since barsto was not available. i still could hit 50 meter bianchi plates unsupported without problems.

I thought i could do it before since i was using a barsto barrel. and my hk usp and a sig 220. Could not hit it consistently with a stock glock. But when a buddy lent me his wilson 40 barreled glock, i could hit it consistently.

go with shuemann or any other barrel maker that is reputable, wilson, briley, ed brown. and have it fitted properly

gunfool
12-01-2004, 00:21
walang available barsto .40 sa gunshow, final option has 3 barsto barrels all for 9mm, they have for g34, g17 and g19, try ko sa next gunshow, thanks bogs:) Sir, any idea how much? Putsa kasi an' daming tao last gunshow di ko tuloy nakita dapat kong makita.

gunfool
12-01-2004, 00:23
Originally posted by Taurus
I still have that Accumatch barrel that Ante sold me about four months ago. Never used it since I can't shoot lead in my home range (PB Dionisio, indoor range). Bought it from Ante for 8K. (Used to belong to Doc EC, who has since converted to ParaLDA, but not before inveigling me to buy a CZ, but that's another story). Comes with a treaded compensator. PM me if interested. Para saang model ba 'to sir?

batangueno
12-01-2004, 00:34
Originally posted by jasonub
go with shuemann or any other barrel maker that is reputable, wilson, briley, ed brown. and have it fitted properly I don't think schuemann, briley or ed brown makes barrels for Glocks. If you want to get the best barrel available for the Glock you can either get the Barsto or KKM Precision brand.

batangueno
12-01-2004, 00:35
Originally posted by gunfool
Para saang model ba 'to sir? Para sa G17 'yan.

atmarcella
12-01-2004, 02:34
I still have that Accumatch barrel that Ante sold me about four months ago. Never used it since I can't shoot lead in my home range (PB Dionisio, indoor range). Bought it from Ante for 8K. (Used to belong to Doc EC, who has since converted to ParaLDA, but not before inveigling me to buy a CZ, but that's another story). Comes with a treaded compensator. PM me if interested.

hello atty,

sir gusto ko sana any aftermarket barrel for .40 cal, so that i can use my brass till the neck splits:)

Eye Cutter
12-01-2004, 03:43

tse! 'tsura lang! hmmph!!! ;f;f;f

jasonub
12-01-2004, 05:49
I don't think schuemann, briley or ed brown makes barrels for Glocks. If you want to get the best barrel available for the Glock you can either get the Barsto or KKM Precision brand.

yes there is a wilson though

gunfool
12-01-2004, 20:28
Para sa G17 'yan. Thanks sa reply sir. Tingnan ko kung may madudukot pa ako sa pitaka ni misis.

cebuboy
12-02-2004, 04:03
why limit yourself to barsto? I used to do that but when i shifted to sheumann since barsto was not available. i still could hit 50 meter bianchi plates unsupported without problems.

barrels by jarvis and kkm are ok:) the jarvis is bit pricey, but i like its black finish more than the shiny one on the kkm. overall im happy with them as they made the glock smile go away;f

dometop
12-02-2004, 21:21
go with shuemann or any other barrel maker that is reputable, wilson, briley, ed brown. and have it fitted properly [/B]

sir,

what does "having it fitted properly" mean, entail, and cost?

thank you kindly,

dometop

Eye Cutter
12-02-2004, 22:46
dometop: most aftermarket barrels are gunsmith fit. meaning, oversize ito. kelangan mag kikil at torno para kumasya sa slide.

pag di marunong smith mo, magiging paper weight lang pistol mo!

natanggap mo na ba yung uncle mike's?

mc_oliver
12-02-2004, 23:10
Uy, perfect pang Open glock! C-more na lang kelangan at mount. Meron ako kilala nagbebenta mura'ng cmore. ;f;f

atmarcella
12-02-2004, 23:23
barsto barrels need to be fitted by a competent gunsmith, that's cos of the very close tolerances of their product, they are semi drop-in barrels, as opposed to just drop-in barrels;f

gunfool
12-03-2004, 20:26
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Uy, perfect pang Open glock! C-more na lang kelangan at mount. Meron ako kilala nagbebenta mura'ng cmore. ;f;f Sir heto nga't pinagnanasaan ko na eh!;f

9MX
12-03-2004, 20:45
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Uy Meron ako kilala nagbebenta mura'ng cmore. ;f;f

;z

gunfool
12-03-2004, 20:48
Originally posted by 9MX
;z I know also who he is.;z

gunfool
12-03-2004, 20:59
I still have that Accumatch barrel that Ante sold me about four months ago. Never used it since I can't shoot lead in my home range (PB Dionisio, indoor range). Bought it from Ante for 8K. (Used to belong to Doc EC, who has since converted to ParaLDA, but not before inveigling me to buy a CZ, but that's another story). Comes with a treaded compensator. PM me if interested. Sir sent you PM. By the way, paano pag di mo gagamitin yung compensator mayron ba syang cap as protection sa thread?

dometop
12-05-2004, 00:10
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
dometop: most aftermarket barrels are gunsmith fit. meaning, oversize ito. kelangan mag kikil at torno para kumasya sa slide.

pag di marunong smith mo, magiging paper weight lang pistol mo!

natanggap mo na ba yung uncle mike's?

thanks for the replies!

Doc, thanks too! i haven't been to the office since wednesday of last week because of the storm. timbre kita agad, either way.

brawnless
12-24-2004, 00:55
gunfool: thread? compensator? where in manila? are compensators similar to suppressors? i have seen barsto for glock 17 but without thread.

batangueno
12-24-2004, 05:14
Originally posted by brawnless
are compensators similar to suppressors? I think compensators reduces recoil while suppressors reduces flash or sound.

cebuboy
12-24-2004, 07:06
are compensators similar to suppressors?

compensators reduces muzzle flip and recoil while suppressors reduce the report(bang).

brawnless
12-24-2004, 19:23
Thanks! Are they available here in Manila? Threaded barsto barrel for g17 seems hard to find.

9MX
12-24-2004, 22:14
Thanks! Are they available here in Manila? Threaded barsto barrel for g17 seems hard to find.

you might want to settle for an accumatch barrel, taurus has one for sale, i think with compensator. Just send him a PM:)

brawnless
12-26-2004, 20:32
9MX: thanks!

suppressors: reduce sound / report
compensators: reduce recoil / muzzle flip

aren't suppressors considered as silencers?

cebuboy
12-27-2004, 03:02
9MX: thanks!

aren't suppressors considered as silencers?

yes they are:)

mc_oliver
12-27-2004, 18:54
Suppressors make very good compensators on top of the sound reduction. However, since there are no other holes aside from the muzzle end, you'll need a longer one to get the same recoil benefits as your open-top compensators. Go too long (and aside from the increased forward weight bearing on the barrel and depending on the type of recoil mechanism of your gun) you'll need to spring lighter to make the gun recoil more reliably since you can't work up your load to compensate. ;)

brawnless
12-29-2004, 21:25
are suppressors illegal? if it could reduce report to the point that indoor training won't require ear protection...