STEYR AUG RIFLE - Wow!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : STEYR AUG RIFLE - Wow!!

flyboy 1
11-17-2004, 03:40

mikey177
11-17-2004, 05:34
Originally posted by flyboy 1
To say that the gun's ergonomics and handling were superb would be an understatement!!

Dude, give us a more detailed review of how the AUG shoots. I'm just curious, did you experience any problems due to the ejection port's close proximity to the shooter's face? Is there no danger that hot gases/unburned powder/other crud from this port might somehow hamper your vision as you shoot?

When asked how much he acquired it, my friend would only smile and said he literally got it for a song.

P.S. The AUG is also one of my dream rifles. Must learn how to sing so I can get one too :)

ogiebb
11-17-2004, 06:52
Anybody have any idea as to the going rate for one of these beauties? I'm seriously considering getting into rifles quite soon, and if I can hack it I want one of these babies! Mama!! ;1

it ranges from $3500 and $10,000 with Fleming pack (which is not worth it)...sweet rifles;f

Alexii
11-17-2004, 08:18
IIRC, that's the same kind of rifle that was used by one of the Oakwood mutineers. Very distinct yung shape nya eh.

St. Croix
11-17-2004, 16:23
nice looking rifle. not southpaw friendly though cause of the ejection port. how does it handle on full auto?

mc_oliver
11-17-2004, 17:33
Hey, I was also there last Sat and saw somebody with an AUG. Kayo pala yun?

batangueno
11-17-2004, 19:47
Originally posted by St. Croix
not southpaw friendly though cause of the ejection port. The AUG is ambidextrous, you can transfer the ejection port to the other side.

paltic
11-17-2004, 21:17
naililipat nga sa kabila pero not during the gunfight;g mas maganda siguro kung aimpoint ang naka-mount:cool:

paltik45
11-17-2004, 22:32
Wow that was nice;f who is the local dealer of that rifle in the Philippines? Ganda kasing pag-ipunan.;) Pwede na ba sa civilian iyan mga Sir? Magkano dyan sa Pinas?

flyboy 1
11-17-2004, 22:38
Originally posted by mikey177
Dude, give us a more detailed review of how the AUG shoots. I'm just curious, did you experience any problems due to the ejection port's close proximity to the shooter's face? Is there no danger that hot gases/unburned powder/other crud from this port might somehow hamper your vision as you shoot?

P.S. The AUG is also one of my dream rifles. Must learn how to sing so I can get one too :)

Mikey, IIRC the proximity of the ejection port to my face did not cause any noticeable problems. There was even one instance that I forgot to wear my hearing protecters (excited kasi) and the report of the shot barely bothered me at all, unlike that from an M-16 (which is a lot LOUDER). Felt recoil was a lot less also than from a comparable M-16. I heard the guy my friend got this AUG from still has another one, and I'm already concocting schemes as to how to become his newest friend... ;w

flyboy 1
11-17-2004, 22:44
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Hey, I was also there last Sat and saw somebody with an AUG. Kayo pala yun?
Nandun ka pala nung umaga boss mc_o? Yup, that was him. He came back in the afternoon just to meet up with me. All I can say is hayups talaga. We might go again on the weekend to shoot it, this time with his Baby Armalite for me to compare. Haay buhay...;f

antediluvianist
11-18-2004, 04:56
Can you set it on "stun" ? looks like Worf's phaser rifle.

mikey177
11-18-2004, 05:18
Originally posted by antediluvianist
Can you set it on "stun" ? looks like Worf's phaser rifle.

The Steyr is probably a lot more durable than a phaser rifle. Those phasers are guaranteed to break in two after being used to whack just two Borg over the head ;Q

krinkov
11-18-2004, 05:27
yup, that's a nice piece considering that it's a good partner for the glock kasi parehong polymer ang stocks. love the color. although it's very sleek and stylized, i still go for the more "traditional-looking" AR's since these are more muzzle heavy which is perfect when shooting from the low-ready position.

Mayor
11-18-2004, 10:48
im guessing at a P250K-P300K price range. very beautiful gun, i might say ;)

jasonub
11-18-2004, 20:19
my buddy bought 1 for 60t. 2 barrels, 1 9mm the other 5.56. in his opinion the m16 still looks better. accuracy is the same. magazines are hell to find, so he will still stick with the m16

ReccaH
11-19-2004, 18:23
Originally posted by flyboy 1
We might go again on the weekend to shoot it, this time with his Baby Armalite for me to compare. Haay buhay...;f

Tough job eh.:)

Valor1
01-28-2005, 01:45
Are these rifles ok? Somebody i know is trying to sell one at P 250k a piece. Any feedbacks on this beautiful piece of art?:)

zzz
01-28-2005, 02:28
UB3R L33T RiFL3!!!

Ganda nyan sir! kakatulo laway!
Isa yan sa mga dream rifle ko ;e ;f

Sa Counterstrike ko lang yan nahahawakan, virtual pa!

FAlvar
01-28-2005, 10:05
Madali bang gamitin yung 1.5X na sight? Mahaba ba ang eye relief? Yung bullpup ng mga Ingles me simple iron sights for back up. Same ba with the Aug?

Nice gun! Mahal dito yan. Semi pa :P

Booker3557
01-28-2005, 11:27
I have one but have not shot it in awhile. They're great rifles and I like mine except for a couple of things. Number one, the trigger is not very good. Number two, there are not too many accessories available for it.

I'm partial to the M16/AR15 platform because parts, accessories and mags are plentiful and it's flexibility.

01-30-2005, 19:58
Booker3557
Pa arbor ng isang AR. Palit ng Mathews MQ32. I just finished Mr T's toy and he's serious with IPSC, so you better practice at hole in the wall. He ordered a new Lim blaster (Pro SX) from Brazos. Dadayo kami diyan. Sagot mo ang hotties, OK.
Regards to D,D & K
Galil