Hello Ladies! Introductions? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hello Ladies! Introductions?

GirlWithGlock
11-17-2004, 08:05
Just wanted to drop by and say "hello"! It's so good to see the amount of women here. Hopefully the numbers will keep growing! We need to take care of ourselves!

I hope I'm not intruding here. You all have probably been here quite some time and know each other really well, and sometimes it sucks to have the new person butt into the situation. I hope I'm not doing that.

I would love to hear more about you all! If you're interested, add a little information about yourself here!

A little about me... I'm 30 years old and I'm a stay-at-home mom, which enables me WAY too easily to keep up my habit of shopping uncontrollably! ;) My daughter, Chloe, is 9 and my son, Noah, is 6. My husband is a chemical/quality engineer for a big medical device company who makes medicated stents. I live in Minnesota and as of today, November 17th, we still have no snow if you can believe that! ;)

Again, if you're interested, please share as much (or as little) as you'd like!

c-mama
11-17-2004, 08:31
Hello GWG and welcome!

I'm also a stay-at-home mom who homeschools. We have 6 children - Emily (11), Caytie (9), Levi (7), Jordan (6), Kenaniah (2) and Logan (7 months). My hubby, scottauld, is also on this board.

Being at home helps me stay on-line way too much!

Oh, I also love crochet ( my username!).

You'll like it here. Just ignore those who give you a hard time. They are few, but they are there. ;f

Here a pic of my crochet work and my lady - SMITH!

http://www.busybeescrochet.com/guns/sw/1tapestry.jpg

Melissa Ann
11-17-2004, 08:58
Hi GWG,

I CAN'T believe you have no snow in Minnesota yet! I lived 15 years in North Dakota (Grand Forks and Fargo) and can only remember a couple Halloweens where the kids weren't wearing parkas and snow boots over their costumes (or bought HUGE costumes to wear over their parkas). Where in Minnesota are you?? I'd imagine near Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Anyway, I"m in PA now, and we don't have snow either - not even up in the Poconos. But I'm told it's coming. I've been shooting now for over 3 years, mostly IDPA. I RO/SO IDPA and GSSF matches. Love the shooting sports. I'll be getting my CCW anyday now. My boyfriend and I do some firearms training - to do that full time is my dream job, especially training women in shooting, awareness and a bit of hand-to-hand.

I spend way too much time online. I like to crochet as well, but not nearly as talented as crochetmama. I enjoy lots of arts & crafts sorts of things. I also am an admin over at IDPAforum.com

Welcome to GlockTalk. Always good to hear from other gals who enjoy shooting. :)

Glockgirl26
11-17-2004, 10:03
Hello again!
I can't believe this fall. Here in OH we're still getting weather in the 60's. I hear that'll change by next week, though. Anyway, welcome to GlockTalk, I've had a lot of fun here, I can tell you are too! There are a lot of interesting people here, and some, uh, not so interesting. I don't crochet, but I do other craft type stuff. I don't have any kids, but I have a 2 year old nephew I absolutely adore. How did you find GlockTalk, BTW? I found out about it from my boyfriend, and I think now he regrets introducing me to the site.;Q

c-mama
11-17-2004, 10:06
Originally posted by Glockgirl26
I found out about it from my boyfriend, and I think now he regrets introducing me to the site.;Q
;z

I used to be a GT widow! Well, it wasn't THAT bad. But after asking Scott so many questions about glocks and guns and all, he kept sending me links to threads to read here. He finally talked me into getting an account. I'm not sure if he regrets it or not. ;f

GirlWithGlock
11-17-2004, 15:30
crochetmama... Wow! Six kids! How do you do it? I have a friend that has six children as well, and she homeschools, too. She amazes me every day. I always say that any person that can take the time and have the patience to homeschool several children has a special place in heaven with his/her name on it. :) Both your crochet work and your "lady" are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks for the support on the couple of comments that have been made. I appreciate it. :)

Melissa Ann... Typically we don't have snow for Halloween, (we HAVE before but it's not common - I believe it was Oct. 31, 1990, that we had that horrid blizzard with like four FEET of snow overnight!) but it usually is really cold! This year was sweatshirt weather, which was fantastic because it's rare that the kids can wear their costumes without them being forced over a winter jacket. *laughing* I live a little less than an hour north of the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. :)

GlockGirl... We've had weather in the 60's, too, and it's crazy for November! I'm lovin' it!! I do always want snow for Christmas though. Nephews and nieces are always good because you get the best of both worlds! Rile them up playing with them, load them up with treats, and send them home. ;) I found Glock Talk through someone who is already a member here. I know him from a different message board and when I got my Glock he thought I'd find a lot of useful information here. :)

Lots of arts and crafts fans here! That's cool. I used to do counted cross-stitch but once the kiddos came along, I realized that I didn't have the time I needed to finish big projects. I have a lot of cool things though from pre-children times! :)

I've been shooting my entire life, for as long back as I can remember. I love to target shoot, both handguns and rifles, and I love skeet shooting. I love to hunt. I mostly hunt deer but have been grouse hunting, too. :)

Amelia
11-17-2004, 15:35
Hello and welcome!

No snow in Minnesota? Shouldn't you get a tax refund for that?

I'm an unmarried professor in Alabama who shoots and swims and bikes and such. I have several guns, but my Glock 19 and Glock 26 are my favorites. I shoot a bit of IDPA as well.

And I almost forgot to say, i make quilts. :o) Is that crafty enough?

Great to have you here!

Amelia

Jaegergirl
11-17-2004, 15:41
welcome again! glad to see another female gun enthusiast join the ranks.

i'm an ohio girl too (northeastern ohio to be exact) and i'm happy to report no snow either! i know it's coming, tho.

i have 2 boys, ages 11 and 3. i am a stay at home mom, too.... sort of. i am a freelance graphic/web designer. one of the companies i contract for has a desk for me in the multimedia department so i go into the office twice a week and work the rest of the time from home. it's actually a pretty good arrangement. :)

my husband (who is fade2black on this site) is actually a glock talk widower. he told me about this site last winter and i've been addicted ever since. i spend more time here than he does. ;f he knows if i'm down in our office and on the computer, i'm either here or another forum i frequent (one about rottweilers). we're both computer junkies so when he gives me crap, i give it right back. :)

c-mama
11-17-2004, 15:48
Originally posted by Amelia

And I almost forgot to say, i make quilts. :o) Is that crafty enough?
Amelia

Oh! I absolutely ADORE quilts. I wanted to try my hand at it, but I do not get along with either a sewing machine or needles. I do use tapestry needles with crochet but it's something I HAVE to do and live with. :)

I have a sewing machine that I will use if I want to add crochet embellishment to something, but that's about it. ;)

GirlWithGlock
11-18-2004, 08:18
Hello and welcome! No snow in Minnesota? Shouldn't you get a tax refund for that?

Hey! That's not a bad idea. I may have to voice my feelings on that! LOL!

Amelia... Thank you for the welcome! I absolutely love those homemade quilts!! I've always thought about how amazingly personal they are when someone puts that much time into something like that and gives it as a gift. I've got one that means the world to me.

Jaegergirl... What a wonderful job you have! I'd love to find something to do out of my home. I've been asked to come work at the school now as I volunteered all last year. I must have done a good job because now they want to pay me. ;f It would work out perfectly...I would only work on the days my son has kindergarten. (He goes every other day, all day. Mon/Wed/Fri one week and Tue/Thur the next week, and so on.) That lets me still be the stay-at-home mom that I want to be (home when they leave for school and home when they get home), yet I'm also being useful while they are in school. :) I'm also the manager of my son's hockey team, my husband is the head coach. It all works out well. :)

Amelia
11-18-2004, 10:47
crochetmama - i only know enough about my sewing maching to sew in a straight line. that's all you need for quilts :o)

GirlWithGlock - everyone in my family is getting one for christmas this year (if i get the last four finished!)

:o)

SouthernGal
11-19-2004, 10:58
Hi I'm SouthernGal and I live in North Mississippi right across the state line from Memphis. Due to the all-too-well-known crime rate in that city I've been carrying since 1999. I was married for 7 years and I've been divorced for a little over a year and a half. I held a permit in TN while I lived there with my now ex-husband. I live alone except for my miniature dachshund who is the love of my life. Pretty much all the women here know I'm "reproductively challenged".

I'm pretty much from the same background as you, GWGlock. My dad and great grandpa were avid hunters--duck, deer, goose, quail, pheasant, dove and I grew up around guns in general. Rifles in the family are kind of like my cast iron skillets--they seem to get passed down from generation to generation. Unlike a lot of big game hunters, we eat what we kill around here. Usually whatever dad brought home was featured on the table later on as dinner. I'm also a regular hodgepodge of useless information on bugs and birds.

I found out last Thursday that I'll be out of a job as of December 31st. I'm in the computer industry and right now hold a position in Project Management. Not sure what I'm going to do after the end of the year. Who knows?

I enjoy cooking and exercise and spending time with friends. Many of my close friends live in my neighborhood and we tend to have block parties just about every month. I'm doing this month's big "Christmas Fiesta" on the 11th and it's sure to be awesome. Everyone drinks too much and then walks home.

A friend at work directed me to this site right before I got my G19 in June. He has a 1911. My old carry gun is a Colt Pocketlite .380. I liked that gun okay but the trigger pull was too much for me.

GirlWithGlock
11-19-2004, 11:40
Unlike a lot of big game hunters, we eat what we kill around here. Usually whatever dad brought home was featured on the table later on as dinner.
Same with us! The freezer is packed with venison from the deer my huband just got this season. I have tried some very different dinners as a kid with the game that was brought home by my dad. LOL!

MrsKitty
11-19-2004, 22:13
Originally posted by SouthernGal
I found out last Thursday that I'll be out of a job as of December 31st. I'm in the computer industry and right now hold a position in Project Management. Not sure what I'm going to do after the end of the year. Who knows?

That sucks :(

MrsKitty
11-19-2004, 22:24
Hi All #wav #wav #wav

My name is Jennifer and I will be 30 soon...December 5th. Damn, I am old ;g

I have a Bachelor's in Criminal Justice and have almost completed my Master's with majors in Criminal Justice and Sociology. I have a chapter in a criminal justice encyclopedia due out soon ;f

I have two kitty cats that I adore. I raised my Miss Kitty from about a week old. I found her and two siblings. One sibling died the next day and the other lived a week. I have had Missy for about 8 years now. Fred is two and a holy terror. Mischevious ain't the word for that fuzz butt ;Q

I love to read. I picked up a few new books at the public library's book sale yesterday. Somebody had dropped off all the books on OJ Simpson by Marcia Clark, Chris Darden, Vincent Bulgiosi, Mark Furhman and Nicole's sister. Got them all for $1 each ;) Yeah, yeah, I know OJ did it but I thought they would make for some interesting reading.

I also love movies. My favorites are gangster movies, war movies and dramas. I also like action because guns and explosions are fun :cool:

I bought my Glock 23 when a family member that lived in the neighborhood's boyfriend was getting out of prison. She had brought him in our house before we knew WHAT he was and the first thing he said was "there is a lot of stuff in here I could move quick." Then he beat her and got some time. He is extremely violent and nutty as a fruit cake in addition to being a crack head. Oddly, he has the most charasmatic personality. So much that I like him! But hell, I would have liked Ted Bundy too. This guy could pass for Bundy with his two sides... Well, after I bought my gun I got afraid that I would not be here and he would break in and steal it so I started carrying. Eventually, that ******* probably saved my life but I won't tell him that as I had a guy try to carjack me and was able to defend myself.

c-mama
11-19-2004, 23:15
Originally posted by misskitty5077
Hi All #wav #wav #wav

My name is Jennifer and I will be 30 soon...December 5th. Damn, I am old ;g

Alrighty, chicky. If you are GOING to be 30 and are calling yourself old, then you are calling ME old, as I am 33. I am NOT old so you are not old. ;m

Age is all in your mind. ;f

MrsKitty
11-19-2004, 23:46
"Chicky?!?!?!"

;z ;z ;z ;z ;z

c-mama
11-20-2004, 00:29
Yup. Chicky. ;)

Vic303
11-20-2004, 10:24
Hi Carla, I know we've already met via other threads, but I never mentioned I'm a SAHM too, with 3 kids under 3. Planning on homeschooling too. Have a good weekend!
--Vicky

melissamius
11-21-2004, 13:34
Welcome Girlwithglock!

My real name is Rachel and I'm 25 and live in S. Florida. No kids but I've got a great cat named Tux who makes much less of a mess and only has to be fed twice a day.

I crochet too but my stuff isn't nearly as intricate as crochetmamma's. I mostly stick to simple blankets and lots of granny squares :cool: ! Crochetmamma, I had no idea you were married to scotauld!

I've been exposed to guns and shooting since I was a little kid and so getting my carry permit was a natural thing to do. I've got a G26 that I LOVE but always have a bear of a time concealing. So I'm thinking about taking my piteous yearly bonus and putting it toward the purchase of a Kahr PM9. Should probably pay off my credit card first though!

I work for the state of Florida in a job that I absolutely LOVE and though it doesn't pay much I can honestly say that I look foward to going to work everyday. That's about the extent of my exciting life. I don't post too often but I'm here everyday, reading posts and lurking in the shadows. Happy thanksgiving all! Stay safe on the roads!

Rachel

c-mama
11-22-2004, 07:25
Hi Rachel! #wav

I think it's great that you love your job. I wonder how many people actually do. ;)

Crochet is my passion and obsession. It's a major stress reducer for me. ;f I just made my oldest daughter a poncho and am working up another one - more like a capelet. It's easy and fun.

GirlWithGlock
11-22-2004, 12:07
Nice to meet you all! :) There are more women here than I thought there were! That's such a good thing!

Vic...three under 3?? Oh my goodness! :)

Jennifer, I'm 30, too. Sometimes I feel old, then I talk myself out of it! ;)

Y'all have a lot of pets! That's cool.

I'm taking care of my very dear friend's dog (who just happens to be my ex-husband and my kids' dad) while he is in Iraq. He's stationed in Texas right now and will be deploying to Baghdad just after Christmas. His chocolate lab, Sophia, has stolen my heart and I don't know how in the world I will be able to give her back to him WHEN he returns in more than a year. :(

FoxyC
11-22-2004, 12:31
My name is Amy and I am from Kentucky. My boy friend got me hooked on this site right after he bought my Glock 19. I've never posted before, but I check it everday.

I had no idea there were this many women registered here. I think it's great. I can't talk to any of my girl friends about guns...they just don't get it. ;)

Anyway.....I'm 29, no kids, but I do have a dog. Jax is much cheaper than kids, plus he dosen't talk back. I work in the automotive industry, and I wouldn't exactly say I love my job, but it pays the bills.

I guess that's about it for me....just wanted to introduce myself. I'll be talking to ya'll soon.

Jaegergirl
11-22-2004, 14:03
wow, this is really cool seeing how many ladies we have here. so many of you are talent too, doing crocheting, quilting, etc. i don't have a cool hobby like that, but i do make my own cards and do scrapbooking (plus i sell the stuff..but only do it to get a discount) so i guess that's kind of a hobby. plus, i took a cake decorating class this spring with my sister and we now make all of the birthday/special occasion cakes for our families.

misskitty5077, that book you mentioned sounds interesting (even if it is oj ;f ). in college, i did a term paper on cult crimes for a CJ class and read a book about the manson family and i believe it was written by vincent bulgiosi. i'm not an avid reader but it was very interesting. i bet it will be a good read. i went to college to be a criminal psychologist but ended up changing my major, marrying my 1st husband (who ended up being a total loser..we divorced 4 years later) and graduated with a liberal arts degree with a minor in spanish. what is your occupation or what will it be when you earn your masters?

and i feel really old compared to most of you.. i'm going to be 35 in february! yickes!! ;P

c-mama
11-22-2004, 14:26
Originally posted by FoxyC

I had no idea there were this many women registered here. I think it's great. I can't talk to any of my girl friends about guns...they just don't get it. ;) Yeah, I can relate. It's too bad. :)

i'm going to be 35 in february!

I just turned 33. I don't think I'm old and I don't think 35 is old either!

Jaegergirl
11-22-2004, 14:35
Originally posted by crochetmama
I just turned 33. I don't think I'm old and I don't think 35 is old either!

it's funny because i have a sister who's 8 years older than me. when she was in her 30's, i thought it was so old. i definately don't feel old. so that's good. that's all that matters. :)

reinbeau
11-22-2004, 16:46
You all are making me feel old, I'm 48, but I don't feel a day over 28 :) You're all a bunch of babies! I mean that affectionately. Hopefully there's someone older than me hanging around here......;Q

c-mama
11-22-2004, 18:11
Hey Ann,

Age is a state of mind!

#wav

reinbeau
11-22-2004, 18:15
I hadn't been reading here for awhile, how is that baby (who must be crawling by now??!?)

c-mama
11-22-2004, 21:32
Originally posted by reinbeau
I hadn't been reading here for awhile, how is that baby (who must be crawling by now??!?) He's doing great! Not crawling, yet. Just now learning to sit up. He's 7 months old and his siblings ADORE him. :)

Left to right back row:

Jordan (6), Caytie (9), Levi (7)

Left to right front row:

Kenaniah (2), Emily (11) and Logan (7 months)

http://busybeescrochet.com/images/kids/kids.jpg

;3 ;3 ;3 ;3 ;3 ;3

MrsKitty
11-22-2004, 21:56
Originally posted by Jaegergirl
misskitty5077, that book you mentioned sounds interesting (even if it is oj ;f ). in college, i did a term paper on cult crimes for a CJ class and read a book about the manson family and i believe it was written by vincent bulgiosi. i'm not an avid reader but it was very interesting. i bet it will be a good read. i went to college to be a criminal psychologist but ended up changing my major, marrying my 1st husband (who ended up being a total loser..we divorced 4 years later) and graduated with a liberal arts degree with a minor in spanish. what is your occupation or what will it be when you earn your masters?

I think I have that book on Manson here somewhere...waiting in my stack of to be read books ;g

I have no idea what I will do when I finish my Masters. I could teach at the community college level. Or I could just follow my dream and enroll in law school ;f

I would have loved to do psychology too :)

Glockgirl26
11-23-2004, 09:52
C-mama, what beautiful children! You must be very proud. Tell me, are they anywhere near as angelic as they look?

Jaegergirl
11-23-2004, 18:43
Originally posted by crochetmama

Left to right back row:

Jordan (6), Caytie (9), Levi (7)

Left to right front row:

Kenaniah (2), Emily (11) and Logan (7 months)

http://busybeescrochet.com/images/kids/kids.jpg

;3 ;3 ;3 ;3 ;3 ;3

they are absolutely beautiful!

here's a picture of my 2 munchkins
http://www.firstclassaquatics.com/Photos/playingoutside.jpg

TammiJ
11-23-2004, 19:32
Originally posted by reinbeau
You all are making me feel old, I'm 48, but I don't feel a day over 28 :) You're all a bunch of babies! I mean that affectionately. Hopefully there's someone older than me hanging around here......;Q

Lol,don't worry Ann..I'm here to take you off the hook. I just turned 50 in October.;) Tammi

c-mama
11-23-2004, 23:09
Thanks, GlockGirl! They are very well behaved for the most part. We have our moments, but I'm proud of them. ;)

reinbeau
11-24-2004, 04:43
Originally posted by TammiJ
Lol,don't worry Ann..I'm here to take you off the hook. I just turned 50 in October.;) Tammi Whew! :cool: Thanx, Tammi! But 50 still isn't old!!!

And Crochetmama, those are beautiful children! I'd always wished I had more than two, but it wasn't to be with that man, now my new husband would make a wonderful father, but nah, I'm looking forward to grandchildren! ;f

c-mama
11-24-2004, 06:22
Jaegergirl, what great looking boys you got there!

hawk0484
11-24-2004, 09:11
I've been sort of lurking here from time to time. My name is Becky. I am a 51 year old wife and mother of 3 sons (all homeschooled throughout their compulsory attendance age). Oldest 2 are 21 & 18, in college on scholarships, and the youngest is 15 and still being homeschooled. We live in upstate South Carolina where my husband has a small business. My sons and husband are avid hunters.

I only got into shooting about 3 years ago. My favorite handguns are wheel guns. I got a shotgun for Christmas last year and enjoy shooting skeet.

My other hobby is pottery. I use a potter's wheel to make earthenware and stoneware items. Bird bottles, candle holders, bowls, and mugs are my biggest sellers. I sell on consignment to a nearby gift shop.

c-mama
11-24-2004, 10:59
Hi Becky! I LOVE pottery. A friend of mine picked it up really fast. She took 2 classes (the only way she's able to make it as it's difficult for her to get supplies on her own - money-wise) and she turned out some real beautiful pieces. She's selling them at our church and I'd love to buy a couple, but I don't really have anywhere in the house to showcase them.

Great to hear from you - I love wheelguns as well...

Debbie

GirlWithGlock
11-24-2004, 12:20
What beautiful children being shown in this post! :)

Here is my family:
My husband, Jeff and my son, Noah:
http://savage.aaapowerhost.com/Images/family/JeffNoahOct2004resize.jpg

My son, Noah and my daughter, Chloe:
http://savage.aaapowerhost.com/Images/family/FirstDaySchool2004.jpg

Jaegergirl
11-24-2004, 13:41
thanks for the compliments you guys. :)

GirlWithGlock, your children are beautiful, too. don't ya just love them!

nice to meet you, becky. #wav

c-mama
11-24-2004, 14:43
GWG, beautiful children! #wav

ashley
11-27-2004, 12:25
i'm a little late here, i rarely check this part of GT.

my name is ashley, suprise! i'm 22 and live in michigan, no kids, just two labs. i don't have much time for any hobbies besides shooting because i work fulltime at BASF, in product regulations, and major in chemistry at wayne state university in detroit. that keeps me pretty busy. i do love to read though, mostly on theoretical physics, toxicology and chemistry.

i bought my first glock (first handgun actually), a G19, in june. i didn't have any hobbies and just needed something other than work and school to concentrate on. i've never been big into the typical girly type hobbies or studies so it worked out perfectly :)

- ashley

c-mama
11-28-2004, 12:05
Hi, Ashley. #wav

Mrs. VR
11-28-2004, 21:13
Hi Carla, and a belated welcome! I'm Sharon, I'm 34, and I also homeschool my three kids. (well, just the older two, the 21 month old isn't doing much school yet!) My hubby aka "Vote Republican" introduced me to this site. Actually, like Deb, I was a serious GT widow, so I finally figured, if I can't beat 'em, join 'em! Now I think I'm on more than he is!

I didn't grow up shooting, but my dad was briefly in the Army, and had a few guns around. I tried it first with a college boyfriend, but then really got into it when I met VR. We've been shooting together for going on 13 years now!;f

reinbeau
11-29-2004, 04:39
I'd never catch up to my hubby, RugerFan58, but I do check this forum regularly (well, regularly again, I'd dropped off for a bit). It's good to be amongst like-minded women, that's for sure! :)

bethann
11-29-2004, 09:39
I'm amazed at how many women there are here. All I ever see interested in guns are men.
I've been on here since about September but mostly lurk, only occasionally posting anything. I'm 38 (I've been saying for years though that I'm 29 again) and I'm about to start a new job tomorrow. I'm going back to work after being a stay at home mom since my youngest was born.
Here are my 2 boys, ages 17 & 13 (pic was taken last year at their Christmas concert)They were both in their high school marching band and the oldest is in the youth orchestra in town.
Anyway, glad to be here.
Beth

GirlWithGlock
11-30-2004, 09:27
Yay! The women are coming out of the woodwork here in the lady's thread! Good to see y'all! Nice to meet y'all! And omg...such gorgeous kids!!! :)

(Thanks for the compliments on the kids' pics!) :)

EDIT: Oh, and bethann...I don't have birthdays anymore, I have anniversaries. This year will be the sixth anniversary of my 25th birthday. ;)

SouthernGal
12-01-2004, 13:03
Originally posted by GirlWithGlock
Same with us! The freezer is packed with venison from the deer my huband just got this season. I have tried some very different dinners as a kid with the game that was brought home by my dad. LOL!

Apparently this will be a new hobby of mine come January 1st since I found out this weekend my father is going blind due to pressure on his optic nerves. He has already lost all periphrial vision on his eyes and lost a deer this weekend because it went out of his range of vision to quickly for him to follow.

We have been told his condition is irreversable and that nothing more can be done.

MrsKitty
12-02-2004, 00:53
That is awful SouthernGal. Your family is in my prayers...

SouthernGal
12-02-2004, 08:01
Originally posted by misskitty5077
That is awful SouthernGal. Your family is in my prayers...

He is back out in the stand again today and here I am at work (until 12/31 anyway). I keep thinking that he's going to hit and not make another killing shot and that we'll be in the same mess all over again with one less deer alive and more frustration on his part. He went for the standard neck shot and it didn't kill the deer instantly last time.

I asked the other night why not go for the head shot and just knock the animal down entirely and kill him instantly. He can't see well enough anymore to make that kind of shot, but I think if I took the time and practice I probably could.

I'm thinking that this development is only going to be the tip of the iceburg in so far as what's going to happen. It is going to be terrible when we force him to stop driving. He already scares us to death.

GirlWithGlock
12-02-2004, 08:34
Aww, SouthernGal, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. Such a tough situation, especially when it comes down to having to take things away from him like possibly hunting and driving. What sad news.

Desert Rose
12-03-2004, 16:08
I'm new to Glock Talk - actually new to Glock - and thought I'd drop in to say "Hi ladies!" Nice to see so many of you chatting here.

I've recently switched to a Glock 19 for my everyday gun ;) - my husband and I live in the middle of Nowhere, southern Arizona, just us and the coyotes and drug smugglers (we're near the border). We both wear holstered weapons nearly all the time we're home because of the illegal activity - and the nearest "help" is an hour a way.

I work at home, at my jewelry studio (yup - that's me, Desert Rose Design Studio, a new Glock Talk sponsor! ), and am often alone with my border collie, who is a worthless watchdog when it comes to two-legged trespassers - cows, no problem, but people? New friends! So my carry gun is very important for safety. (Just thought of another Glock benefit: higher capacity mags!)

I'm looking for a new holster for the G19 so i'm going through the thread here on concealed holsters. FIST looks intriguing so I'm going to look them up.

Cheers for now, gotta get back to making jewelry for Christmas orders!

Roseann

in the Sonoran Desert where it's 40 degrees outside!

Jaegergirl
12-03-2004, 16:15
hi roseann! i noticed your banner last night but didn't get a chance to check out your site. i just LOVE jewelry so i'm sure my husband will just love the fact there's someone here who makes it AND is a sponsor! hey, he's the one who bought me a beautiful (not to mention huge) jewelry box when he was stationed in okinawa. why would you buy something like that for your wife if you weren't planning on filling it up!!! ;f

glad to meet ya!

;F

MrsKitty
12-03-2004, 22:06
#wav Roseann!

Your jewlery is beautiful :)

Desert Rose
12-04-2004, 06:24
Thanks, Ladies! I'm having fun on Glock Talk. Eric is great, and this is a great community. Serious yet irreverent. My kind of folks.

Roseann;a

c-mama
12-04-2004, 09:04
#wav

Roseann! Great jewelry. Nice to have you here.

Serious? Ha! You haven't made your way to the Ox & Alex Forum then. ;f

I am planning on taking a very close look at your site. ;)

pete1953
12-05-2004, 00:13
Roseann, you truely make some beautiful jewelry! Back when I was dating my now wife, Lynn of 27+ years, I commissioned a geode to be polished and set in silver. It is still a treasured piece of my wife's. I saw a number of pieces I would love to get for my wife and two daughters. Being out on a work injury for the past 11 months will preclude that, but I definitely appreciate them!

Cat91
12-08-2004, 19:51
Hi y'all. I'm T.J. and Beloved Hubby and I live in the hurricane zone. ;)

I chase bad guys for a living and finish what the cops started (assistant D.A.). Been in & out of here since I got my Glock 23 in March.

Miao, Cat

flygirl
12-11-2004, 23:59
Hello all,

Thought I'd add my name to the list. I'm now 42 and live in the Great State of Alaska. I have 3 children. The oldest(a girl) is about to join the Navy. The two younger boys are still in High school. I am without a husband now but have a wonderfull man in my life that is also a GT'R. We both have many toys to play with and go shooting as often as possible. He showed me his love for guns and we now have that in common. His name is "TED". Santa might just bring him another great toy if he has been good this year. He is younger than I am but age to us matters not. Happy Holiday to all of you and yours. ;H

Garen aka "flygirl"