VA Disability question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : VA Disability question

MiCPL
11-17-2004, 10:33
I have a disability conpensation question. I am an honorably Dischaged disabled vet, when I recived my compensation (5yrs. ago)It was not nearly enough but i thought"i'm young and there and more needy and honorable vets than me that need this money" so I never challenged it. Well being a little older i'm thinking that might not have been the best thing to do. heres my question- can I still challenge my disability claim after 5 yrs or do i have to live with it? I may not need it now but i know I will be one of the needy and honorable vets that looks to this compensation for some relife. thx for any help you can provide.

KNEESINTHEBREEZ
11-17-2004, 16:07
You can go to the VA hospital and get a re-eval. Get with the DAV, they have people that will help you with the process, including the paperwork involved.

MiCPL
11-18-2004, 04:37
From one 82nd soldier to another i say thx.

rlbgfish173
11-18-2004, 11:17
Check out brothersboundbyhonor.com

raw52
11-19-2004, 11:29
Dear bz0q04:

Keep you claim current. Have worked with VA direct with delays and lost records. Have gone to our county veterans assistance office (which knows the ins and outs of the VA) with great results! Either way from one Vet to another, THANK YOU for Serving!!!!

Rich
VN Vet

KNEESINTHEBREEZ
11-20-2004, 01:22
Originally posted by bz0q04
From one 82nd soldier to another i say thx.

Sweet!
You should check out this website, US PARATROOPERS (http://www.usparatroopers.org). Being a paratrooper website, there are plenty of folks that have various service connected disabilities and there's a specific section on Veterans affairs. Plus, we'd love to have another paratrooper. You'd be the first from Glocktalk :cool:

APD
11-20-2004, 19:02
Good to see some fellow jumpers here.
I was told you can go back and get reevaluated whenever you feel the need, I may go back in the future as things get worse.

craftsman
12-20-2004, 00:19
I am a local chapter adjutant for the D.A.V.in Pennsylvania.You can
reopen your claim at any time but the time restrictions apply to
the challange to the decision.Go through whoever was your power of
attorney before,V.F.W.or whoever,to get the paperwork needed.But
may I suggest that you join your local D.A.V.Chapter and go through
their NSO Officer.

MiCPL
12-20-2004, 04:21
I am a DAV member. and regaurdless of what happens, i will always be. thx for the info.

jason

cadillacguns
12-24-2004, 07:23
Your local VA office should have a DAV or Am Legion service officer nearby, you can request a re-examination, then you wait while the VA screws you over or you die first. Be prepared to wait 6-10 years for the results you need. I finaly saw the VA appeals court in Apr 04 after waiting over 3 years (Back log they say) then in Nov the case was sentback (Remanded) to the local Va Regional Office to do the right thing in the first place. Its now almost jan and I have not heard from the VA.