Downloading music [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Downloading music

Roddy
11-21-2004, 13:54
Sometimes when I download a song off of a file sharing program the and play it in Media Player it says the song is twenty minutes or so long and it plays without sound. Does anyone know why or know how to fix it?

fastvfr
11-21-2004, 15:39
Those are corrupt files; could be that someone added a nasty bit if code to them, or they could have come by their faults 'honestly'.

Have you run a virus scanner lately? Gotten a second opinion from Trend Housecall?

There are scads of P2P viruses sitting around out there, just waiting for you to DL them!

The other possibility is theat they aren't in a proper format, or you lack the codec to play them.

Try playing them with WinAmp5 and see if that works.

Roddy
11-22-2004, 08:42
I figured it was to stop me from downloading them. It's only newer songs.

fastvfr
11-22-2004, 11:40
Well, look....far be it from me to be an arbiter of Right & Wrong. You will do what you will regardless of the opinions of others. So you could try this...

Look at the file sizes other swappers are showing for that song...if there are three identically-sized files, all with the same bitrate, and one that is 50KB bigger, don't download the bigger one.

Just get a decent virus scanner and right-click the files and "Scan With (AV App)" to be sure you aren't DLing skrody code.

Good luck,

FastVFR