Mark IV barrel [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mark IV barrel

PMMA97
11-21-2004, 20:00
Guys,

How much is a barrel for this kind of Colt pistol? Could you point me in the right direction on where to buy one locally. Thanks to the group! :)

paltik45
11-21-2004, 21:23
Just a heads-up Sir, CLIP MERCHANDISING has some in stock every once in a while. Way back in 1999 they've been asking 10,000pesos and for the national match barrel for 18,000 new in the wrap. For the cheap alternative you can get a USGI 779 barrel around camp Crame for 4k to 5k pesos.

PMMA97
11-21-2004, 21:33
Are there any other reliable replacement barrels? Thanks!

paltik45
11-21-2004, 21:41
Is it for carry or competition? Or you can try BAR-STO, KART or LISSNER barrels as a replacement. But the bottom line is no matter how good the barrel is, it all depends on the proper fitting of the gunsmith. ;)

PMMA97
11-21-2004, 23:32
Originally posted by paltik45
Is it for carry or competition? Or you can try BAR-STO, KART or LISSNER barrels as a replacement. But the bottom line is no matter how good the barrel is, it all depends on the proper fitting of the gunsmith. ;)

Actually it's for a friend who had purchased a compensated barrel (Wilson?). Palagi ko kasi naririnig na nagrereklamo kasi daw pangit Kaya I'm planning to get him a standard barrel for his .45 :) Thanks a lot paltik:)

mc_oliver
11-21-2004, 23:50
Compensated as in threaded compensator? If so, you can hack it off and re-crown it. But if it's a ported barrel, medyo tricky.

Kung 'di sya mapili, try the Armscor barrels. Fit right, it can shoot groups worth more than it's price. ;)

PMMA97
11-22-2004, 00:57
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Compensated as in threaded compensator? If so, you can hack it off and re-crown it. But if it's a ported barrel, medyo tricky.

I have not actaully seen the unit. I may check it out tomorrow and will update this thread. Thanks.

PMMA97
11-23-2004, 19:36
Originally posted by mc_oliver

I saw the unit yesterday and the barrel was marked "WILSON 45 ACP" underneath the compensator was a set screw. I did not have my precision tools with me so I dont know if the barrel was threaded. Still have no idea if it's ported also.