OT: school in Quezon City [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OT: school in Quezon City


kristiansen
11-22-2004, 22:43
Hello! we are planning to tranfer our kids to a school located in Quezon City next year.my kids are ages 8 (2nd grade)& 9(3rd grade)so far,we've visited Ateneo.any recommendations? range of school fees? advantage/disadvantages? thanks.

mikey177
11-24-2004, 01:40
Is there any particular area in QC that you are considering?

I can only speak of PAREF Northfield near Tomas Morato, QC, since my son studied there for 2 years. Its an all boys school run by an organization of parents associated with the Opus Dei. Range of school fees is around P60k a year (gasp)

Advantages:
- all boys school
- decent class size
- just 5 minutes from our old home (10 minutes by foot)
- competitive academic formation

Disadvantages:
- all boys school
- you have to pay a bond on the first year (5 digit figure) before your son can enrol

We chose this school over Ateneo or other "prestigious" institutions primarily we knew some parents who put in a good word about it, and because of its proximity to our residence.

HTH.

kristiansen
11-24-2004, 08:31
thanks mikey! any recommendations/comments are welcome.coz sometimes quality of education depends now on how many zeros are there in the school fees! ouch!esp. relative pollution of school location,safety,traffic conditions etc.thanks.

Alexii
11-24-2004, 08:43
You can try Lourdes School of QC here in Kanlaon, QC. All boys school. Tuition for prep is around 35k/year.

9MX
11-24-2004, 08:48
Originally posted by Alexii
You can try Lourdes School of QC here in Kanlaon, QC. All boys school. Tuition for prep is around 35k/year.

I must second that!:)

Me '86 and Eye Cutter '81 are Lourdesians;)

deenoh
11-24-2004, 08:57
I'm sure jmy and ppts would agree with me here. Try Ateneo. Never mind the traffic, etc. It's part of the formation ;f

9MX
11-24-2004, 09:10
Originally posted by deenoh
I'm sure jmy and ppts would agree with me here. Try Ateneo. Never mind the traffic, etc. It's part of the formation ;f

hmmm....OT: Ateneo just reminded me of DLSU. Aside from the fabled rivalry, I've seen tri-meets with UP in the field of basketball and golf. Has there ever been a tri-meet or Ateneo vs. DLSU IPSC match or funshoot?

Alexii
11-25-2004, 08:16
Originally posted by 9MX
Has there ever been a tri-meet or Ateneo vs. DLSU IPSC match or funshoot?

Mas enjoy siguro if they do force-on-force training. They'd probably go at each other's neck like there's no tomorrow.

ppts799
11-25-2004, 22:19
Originally posted by 9MX
hmmm....OT: Ateneo just reminded me of DLSU. Aside from the fabled rivalry, I've seen tri-meets with UP in the field of basketball and golf. Has there ever been a tri-meet or Ateneo vs. DLSU IPSC match or funshoot?
badminton din. 2 years na "smash for smash". kaso the last one nagkapikunan yung mga organizers of both sides at nag walk out ang dlsu. i really don't know who was at fault, but it's sad to see a school backed up by LaSalle brothers and another school backed up by Jesuit priests end up that way.

for me, the jokes on the rivalry of the 2 schools are ok and amusing, but nobody should take it seriously because they do have 1 thing in common - both are Catholic schools. most of my badminton buddies came from DLSU. ;) i have nothing against their system, and i think they produce very good students. one big fight!