Is this real? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is this real?

d0truji
11-24-2004, 15:39
I just had this image emailed to me. What do you think? Real?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/d0truji/The_biggie11.jpg

What is that hunter doing back there anyway??;P ;P

pesticidal
11-24-2004, 15:41
I got that pic, too. I asked my business partner-he was stationed in Alaska. He says that could very well be untouched. They get big up there.

bachchoy
11-24-2004, 15:48
Yikes!^4

RMTactical
11-24-2004, 15:52
The way the picture was taken could make it decieving. I would have to say that it is real. Looks like the hunter is sitting back a bit from the animal, not directly behind it...

mossy500camo
11-24-2004, 17:13
Heck I have seen them bigger on OLN.;) Great pic.:)

Hunterjbb
11-24-2004, 18:29
but Moose get pretty darn big.. Can you imagine having to find Wall space to hang that rack ?? LOL.. i'd have to build a bigger house to fit those in.. man.. oh how i wish..

Although somebody told me that shooting moose is like shooting a cow.. not overly dramtic or hard,, of course with a rack that size can you imagine the buck fever.. wow..

Jeff.

lomfs24
11-25-2004, 00:57
That is one big Bullwinkle. I would have to agree with Gorelicks though, looks like the hunter is back a ways to make it look bigger.

pesticidal
11-25-2004, 08:56
The pic I got said the rack was almost 6' across. I don't think the hunter is all that far behind the moose

d0truji
11-25-2004, 09:30
Here is the original text from the email.

The moose in the photos is an Alaska-Yukon moose taken by Eric Arnette on September 5th. It was taken in the Kilbuck Mountains, which is 380 miles west of Anchorage, AK. The rack is approximately 75 inches wide, has about 36 countable points, and was unofficially scored by a person who is not an Official Measurer at around 264 points. In the near future it'll be posted on the Boone and Crockett Club's web site on "Trophy Watch" where the official score will be announced once it is entered.

G22-Joe
11-25-2004, 10:04
When I used to work in Canada, and the upper North East, I was always told by the folks that lived there to be careful of Moose on the rode.

They informed me that even driving in my Burban, all I would most likely see is the knees or upper legs of the Moose that was crossing the road! I actualy saw a rental Explorer being returned to Hertz that had the whole roof area of the front of the Explorer, caved in! The agent said it was a Moose the lady hit, and yes, it walked off after that.

Laterz.

lomfs24
11-25-2004, 10:28
I used to work at a Hertz Rent-A-Car here in Montana. Moose here are not nearly as large as they are in Alaska. But we had a Isuzu Trooper hit a moose and it wasn't pretty, for the trooper, didn't seem to bother the moose.