Here's my Kansas Bow Kill 10 pointer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Here's my Kansas Bow Kill 10 pointer

JERRYTHEMOUSE
11-26-2004, 19:00
Sunday, 14 Nov 04. Overslept,:( Could not find the key to my shed where I keep my hunting gearC^2. Could not find my Cold Steel hunter knife ;1 ;6
Finally found everything and left the house:) Got to the treestand by 0720. At 0750 saw a deer moving in a field 120 yards away. Used the Rattle Bag for 30 seconds and grunted a few times. Silence. Listen. Two animals are moving my way!;G One coming in on the right and one from the left.
This guy broke through the brush slowly heading right toward my stand.
Now I can see the other buck to my left standing still. Could see he was a nice buck but nothing more.
My deer walked to within 20 feet of my stand and stopped. He slowley look at EVERYTHING, INCLUDING ME! ^b
He stares hard and when we make eye contact I start to shake. He spins and runs 30 yards. Stops, and turns back toward the other buck. He walks into the clearing that my stand is over and walks right into my Killzone. and stops 20 yards from my stand. Perfect. I stood up and got ready once I saw him turned back toward the other Buck.
My 100gr Rocket Steelhead got both lungs and stuck in the ground on the other side of the deer. He kicked and turned, running 55 yards and falling dead.
This is my second year hunting in Kansas, and I could not be happier.
Missed last year due to deployement in Iraq from Sept 03-Sept 04. They have plenty of donkeys, but no deer;f.
I got your six
Mouse

JERRYTHEMOUSE
11-26-2004, 19:03
pic

JERRYTHEMOUSE
11-26-2004, 19:05
pic3
Also, I dedicated this kill to my wonderful mother who had heart surgery a few weeks prior. She is getting better slowly. And I thanked the lord for such a beautiful animal and for seeing me and my soldiers safely back to the USA.
Mouse
I got your six!
Rangers...Lead the Way!

CanyonMan
11-26-2004, 20:45
Nice buck Jerry!
I'm originally from NW Okla. up by the Kansas border... There are plenty of really big deer up there. I know your happy with this one Hoss.

I hope your Mom gets better soon.

CantonMan

lomfs24
11-26-2004, 21:39
That is one great looking whitey. :) :)

Dogbite
11-27-2004, 10:25
Nice deer!!

BrianDamage
11-27-2004, 14:21
sweet!

paynter2
11-28-2004, 09:02
Very nice Jerry! And thanks for your service.

.40CALJHP
11-28-2004, 16:35
Originally posted by JERRYTHEMOUSE
Sunday, 14 Nov 04. Overslept,:( Could not find the key to my shed where I keep my hunting gearC^2. Could not find my Cold Steel hunter knife ;1 ;6
Finally found everything and left the house:) Got to the treestand by 0720. At 0750 saw a deer moving in a field 120 yards away. Used the Rattle Bag for 30 seconds and grunted a few times. Silence. Listen. Two animals are moving my way!;G One coming in on the right and one from the left.
This guy broke through the brush slowly heading right toward my stand.
Now I can see the other buck to my left standing still. Could see he was a nice buck but nothing more.
My deer walked to within 20 feet of my stand and stopped. He slowley look at EVERYTHING, INCLUDING ME! ^b
He stares hard and when we make eye contact I start to shake. He spins and runs 30 yards. Stops, and turns back toward the other buck. He walks into the clearing that my stand is over and walks right into my Killzone. and stops 20 yards from my stand. Perfect. I stood up and got ready once I saw him turned back toward the other Buck.
My 100gr Rocket Steelhead got both lungs and stuck in the ground on the other side of the deer. He kicked and turned running 55 yards and falling dead.
This is my second year hunting in Kansas, and I could not be happier.
Missed last year due to deployement in Iraq from Sept 03-Sept 04. They have plenty of donkeys, but now deer;f.
I got your six
Mouse you killed one of santas favorite raindeer jerry what next,maybe the picture below is what you are thinking;z ;z (LOL)

JERRYTHEMOUSE
11-28-2004, 18:41
to get all those critters stuffed and mounted;P ??? And the fat guy in the red and white suit, oh brother! More than I could ever afford.
Thanks for the photo!

I got your six!
Mouse
OIF
Been There...Done That...Got the whole Sweat Suit!

f1b32oPTic
11-28-2004, 21:14
darn nice buck

congrats on the archery kill

shrpshtr
12-06-2004, 13:28
good deer.

JERRYTHEMOUSE
12-08-2004, 18:44
Here are some butterfly chops from my Kansas 10 pointer. Got recipe from the net:) They were out of this world. Happy Holidays. ;8

I got your six.
Mouse

lomfs24
12-08-2004, 20:37
Them's look nummmy. :)

shrpshtr
12-09-2004, 18:50
Originally posted by JERRYTHEMOUSE
Here are some butterfly chops from my Kansas 10 pointer. Got recipe from the net:) They were out of this world. Happy Holidays. ;8

I got your six.
Mouse

very nice. if they tasted 1/2 as good as they look, i bet you enjoyed every morsel...:)

how about that recipe? care to share?

kels
12-09-2004, 18:56
Were you hunting on Ft Riley?