best multi-effects for your guitar [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : best multi-effects for your guitar

riddler
11-27-2004, 00:29
opinions please...

Digitech GNX3, Boss GT-3, Korg Toneworks AX1500, Line 6 POD XT Live,....etc.

what is the best bang for the money that is easiest to use???

Thanks.

WolfmanGK
11-27-2004, 12:39
What will you be doing- playing in clubs, recording, or just garage jamming?

I have a POD PRO and the Korg Pandora.

Easiest to use: Pod (I have no experience with the Live, but would recommend a rackmount unit if you have the $$)
Great all-around (But not for recording so much): Korg

If you can afford it, I would go with the POD, but for just jamming the Korg is really a nice unit.

I also know Digitech makes some good stuff, so this probably doesn't help you at all lol.

riddler
11-28-2004, 15:53
Thanks Wolfman!

I am leaning towards the GNX3 just because of the feedbacks that I have read about it. This however does not mean that I won't be swayed with something else.

mossy500camo
12-07-2004, 20:51
I really dont get into effects. But Digitech multi pedals are fun.

Dieseler
12-26-2004, 15:08
I just got a Yamaha MagicStomp for Christmas, unfortunetly the box was lacking the AC adapter so I haven't been able to play with it yet for a review.

WolfmanGK
01-05-2005, 15:57
Originally posted by Dieseler
I just got a Yamaha MagicStomp for Christmas, unfortunetly the box was lacking the AC adapter so I haven't been able to play with it yet for a review.

The power supplies for those are serial number matched. You cannot get a generic power supply for it, it will explode and remove half your city block. The only thing you can do is send it to me, where I can care for it.

Soujurn
01-12-2005, 05:47
POD XT is what I would get from your list. I've messed around with just about every piece of effects gear there is and to tell you the truth, I only have a few pieces now that give me my tones depending on which guitar I am playing.

Strat >>> Tube Screamer >>> Chorus >>> Delay >>> Amp (Either a Fender Bassman, Vibro Champ, or Peavey Classic 30)

Les Paul >>> MXR dist+ >>> Chorus >>> Delay >>> Amp

Rick 330/12 >>> Chorus >>> Dynacomp >>> Delay >>> Amp

Ibanaz RG or S Series >>> DS-1 >>> Chorus >>> Delay >>> Amp