dialysis in town that isn't so expensive [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : dialysis in town that isn't so expensive

antediluvianist
11-27-2004, 04:51
Fellow BOGS, a BOG PM'd me asking where are places in town that do dialysis
and are not so expensive. I replied below . But there are doctors in BOGS who might have additional data -- pls. add your info. And maybe some other guys can add some info.

'My doctor friends indicate Manila Doctors' Hospital
(along UN Avenue) and Manila Adventist Medical Center (Donada, San Juan Sts,
Pasay). Initial expenses inclusive of materials, not including doctor's fees
are: P 5,200 (MDH); P5,500 (MAMC); but SUBSEQUENT dialysis = P 3,500 (MDH); 3,300
(MAMC).
Pasay General Hospital offers dialysis
services at P1,000 per dialysis,but without supplies and doctor's fee. The
supplies would cost around 1000. Doctor's fees really have a wide range, but
for financially-strapped patients, the doctor can even waive it.

Hope this helps,xxx. At Doctor's and Manila Adventist it's only the first dialysis which is over p5000 - the subsequent ones are a lot less; Pasay General Hospital is the least expensive.

Well, I hope this helps,xxx. I am most familiar with Pediatrics so i had to ask others about this. All the best, xxx.'

julianz
11-27-2004, 07:53
Sir Ante,

Try Mary Chiles General Hospital at Gastambide Sampaloc ( near UE Dentistry Building) Near mendiola.

Mary Chiles General Hospital
667 Gastambide St., Sampaloc, Manila
Phone 735-5341; 741-4242; 741-9541

I use to work there MCGH is the (Cheapest) inexpensive (complete facility)private institution for mother and child health care and for dialysis in manila area . MD there are also practising at UST, UDMC, FEU, Asian Hospital and St. Lukes.
Patients from the said hospital had their dialysis done at MCGH at a lower price.

tell our co-BOG to inquire coz i left MCGH 1995 pa.

MCGH is run by the Florendo's family of MD's.

New_comer
11-27-2004, 11:48
I think I saw a sign along Shaw Blvd very near 9 de Pebrero going to edsa that says dialysis "P2,500" per session. I may be wrong though, never checked it personally.

jundeleon
11-27-2004, 18:41
I was the one who pm-ed ante about the dialysis.
Again I would like to thank ante for the help.

Actually we found the cheapest dialysis service in quezon city.
The place is called St. Theresa's dialysis center. First session is almost 3,300, succeeding sessions is only 1,700 all in.

For residents of City of Manila, dialysis is free on first come first serve basis at Ospital ng Maynila. But this is only for "clean" patients. Those with hepa or other virus infections are disallowed.

Sayang nga kasi my father in law (an ex cop based in the tough streets of our neighborhood in tondo) expired yesterday (saturday). He underwent dialysis at chinese general hospital, his first as an outpatient after being confined for four weeks at CGH.

New_comer
11-27-2004, 20:12
My condolences, mr. jun...

May your byenan rest in peace ;w

mikey177
11-28-2004, 07:39
You could also try the Philippine Kidney Dialysis Foundation; it is located at 79 Scout Gandia near the corner of Tomas Morato in Quezon City. My wife says its only P1,700 per session for reused and P2,700 per session for new dialyzer. Phone number is (02) 373-5366.

9MX
11-28-2004, 09:46
condolence sir

vega
11-28-2004, 21:47
My condolonces to you and your family. Your father-in-law is in good hands now.

vega

jundeleon
11-28-2004, 22:11
Many thanks to everybody.