Dvd Back-up [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dvd Back-up

BinLurking
11-28-2004, 13:50
What is a good software that will allow me to make back-up copy of a DVD movie? TIA.

Doh, down there. Never mind. ;U

chevrofreak
11-29-2004, 13:04
You seem to have found the solution, but I'll post anyway. ;)

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

I prefer to do a Re-author and copy the main movie only.

troyboy30
12-01-2004, 17:08
I use 1clickdvdcopy, it's one of the few that support dual layer.

chevrofreak
12-01-2004, 21:47
For dual layer, DVD Decrypter works great. It can make an iso, then burn the iso if desired. I use it all the time as well.

Cali-Glock
12-01-2004, 21:57
Originally posted by chevrofreak
You seem to have found the solution, but I'll post anyway. ;)

http://www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

I prefer to do a Re-author and copy the main movie only.

My attempts to re-author using DVDshrink have failed miserably. I tried another experement after reading this posting just to see if I could figure it out again but no luck. The main problem appears to be the menus - they get out or order or something - :( Any suggestions?

chevrofreak
12-01-2004, 22:22
Are you wanting the menus or just the movie itself? I prefer to do the menu only because it gives the best quality, and the movie plays the instant you put the disc in.

When you're on re-author, over on the right side it will show the contents of the discs. Click on the movie and drag it over to the box on the left.

I prefer to have it set to iso mode over file mode, and i disable burning with Nero because it will try to burn the disc right away.

Another option I enable is "Perform deep analysis before backup to improve quality" and "Compress video with high quality adaptive error compensation" checked, and "Maximum Sharpness" selected.

If you ahve any more questions, dont be afraid to ask.

troyboy30
12-01-2004, 22:24
1clickdvdcopy takes just that, 1 CLICK! no iso or nothin, I go from dvd player to dvd burner.

Cali-Glock
12-01-2004, 23:18
chevrofreak: Thanks a million!!! Doh! That makes sense!!!

troyboy30: How much are dual layer disks? My new burner is dual layer but I have not yet tried burning dual layer. I have not shopped dual layer disks yet, but the ones I did see were about $10 a pop! Not worth it at that price!!!

troyboy30
12-01-2004, 23:28
you can find em for as cheap as $8 if you search. They are pretty hard to find right now.

chevrofreak
12-02-2004, 00:11
Cali-Glock, I order all my media from www.supermediastore.com

I get the ProDisc DVD-R's. Absolutely fantastic media.

They even sell dual layer.

Washington,D.C.
12-02-2004, 10:12
Around here dual layer disks are 5 times the price of single layer disks.Copying DVD movies is an interesting hobby but I can't see paying for very many DVD movies when the local library keeps fairly up to date and the rentals are cheap enough.If I wanted to watch movies more often I'd get cable or satelite TV.

troyboy30
12-02-2004, 23:45
yea that would be great if they would alow me cable or the dish at work hu! lol

Even cheaper way is if my DVR would record to a dvd recorded and not just a vcr.

Until dual layer disk's drop in price it's prety close to cheaper to just get them from columbia house.