You know your screwed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : You know your screwed

Hunterjbb
11-28-2004, 20:06
when leaving in the morning to go hunting driving down the road about a 1/4 mile from your house a huge 8+ buck runs across the road in front of you and scrambles up the hillside and disappears.. ;P

Said to my freind driving.. might as well go home.. were done for the day.. sure enough did not see a deer at all.. nothing nada zilch.. and the adjoinging clubs were pushing dogs most of the day also.. Only the second time in years my friend has not seen deer on this property..

oh well.. guess there a bad omen for everything.. :)

Jeff.

forthehalibut
11-28-2004, 22:09
It is attitude. You were negative from the get-go. Next time, look at it like 'Hey!, this is a great sign that we'll see some mighty big deer today!"

StockGlock23
11-28-2004, 23:44
Originally posted by forthehalibut
It is attitude. You were negative from the get-go. Next time, look at it like 'Hey!, this is a great sign that we'll see some mighty big deer today!"

I have tried this...has not worked yet. I won't go home but I do have a wee bit of a bad attitude funk for the rest of the day.

noway
11-29-2004, 00:43
yeap you haveto have a + attitude. Every dya I go out for deer, I'm 110% positive that I will get the once in a lifetime Buck. But 9 out of 10 times, I don't even see a deer during hunting season.

if you have a negative attitude from the get go, you'lll never harvest that buck.

Hunterjbb
11-29-2004, 10:20
I normally do have a positive attitude when going out, and if i could have harvested that buck, I would have been VERY VERY ;f happy.. He had nice mass and was spread beyond his ears.. guess you can get that way when living in a wood lot next to a housing developement where nobody is allowed to hunt..

and darned if i did not have three Nice looking doe in my backyard last night..

hmm.. have to see about getting permission to bow hunt near this developement.. hmm..of course having a deer drop dead bleeding in the front yard of somebodies house would not go over to well i think.. ;)

oh well.. try and try again, one of these days i'll get my shot at a bigun..

Jeff.

lomfs24
11-29-2004, 21:41
I am always a positive hunter... until it starts raining.

This year though positive thinking won over. My friend and I were going to go shoot a Mule Deer buck from this area that I know is just over run with hunters on opening day. But it is always good for a stupid muley. He kept saying that we were gonna shoot an elk that day. I kept telling him that we probably weren't even going to see a deer let alone shoot and elk.

Sure enough, when we got up to where the deer normally are there was a whole herd of elk. Him and I both shot a bull out of that bunch.

muddydog
11-30-2004, 00:13
attitude is everything..

+11111111111111111111111

my dad was an old school pro bass fisherman..and still is an awesome deer hunter..

the one thing he drilled in our minds...

was that every cast has a 8-9lb largemouth ready to take you lure when it hits the water...

and

every single deer hunt..you will kill a deer.

you cant think about shooting one..in the woods..cause its bad mojo..
but you have to think god that it is the best day you ever spent in the woods...and that you are going to see deer..

biggerIS better
12-03-2004, 09:48
Exact same thing happened to me. Opening day Im up at 3am and headed for the woods. Im on a 4 lane road doing 45 and out of nowhere comes the biggest buck I have ever seen in the wild.Its running between houses and down the roads! I havent a clue where it came from. There are no real woods close by, its all homes and ball fields. Needless to say I never saw another deer all day. I did limit out during the season but not with anything like the deer I saw downtown.

A.F. Lineman
12-03-2004, 21:38
When I was in High School I wnet up deer hunting/camping for opening weekend. Froze my butt off and only saw one doe. When I got back my Grandmother had some polaroids of the 3 nice sized bucks in our yard eating her roses. Funny now, but it ticked me off at the time.

ILikeFtLbs
12-03-2004, 23:22
A few years ago I was going out bowhunting for an afternoon but the wind was rediculous. One of my buddies asked me why I was wasting my time. He decided to stay in that day. I walked about 70 yards into the woods and there stood a nice 6 pt. buck broadside 15 yards out trying to figure out where to bed out of the wind and away from the approaching footsteps which had been muffled by the wind. I shot him, he stood there for a minute, and fell over. Then I walked back to the house to say, "I got him!" Shortest hunt of my life was on a day when I expected to see nothing. Now I don't give up without thunder and lightning.

bachchoy
12-03-2004, 23:38

;z

onemilmhz
12-06-2004, 08:40
A few weeks ago I was sitting in the stand at sunup. About twenty minutes later I hear something behind me and turn just in time to see antlers disappear behind a holly tree, then nothing. He just vanished. Needless to say I was in a pretty foul mood and almost got down and went home. Glad I didn't. Thirty minutes later I shot the biggest deer I've gotten to date, a big eight pointer, who came straight at me from across the foodplot I hunt. I will never again be upset when I have a close encounter. Well, maybe not but I will enjoy each experience for what it is!