Buying DVD's off Ebay? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Buying DVD's off Ebay?

bbauman
11-28-2004, 22:29
Not computer/network related but technical nonetheless. Looking to buy Band of Brothers on DVD off Ebay. What is the difference between the US version and the "region free" versions? US versions are much more expensive it appears. Anything to worry about? Any gotchas?

irobinson
11-29-2004, 01:06
Originally posted by bbauman
Not computer/network related but technical nonetheless. Looking to buy Band of Brothers on DVD off Ebay. What is the difference between the US version and the "region free" versions? US versions are much more expensive it appears. Anything to worry about? Any gotchas?

Region free DVDs (espcially commercial ones) could be fakes. I would spend the extra $ and get a legit copy instead of a potential pirate.

chevrofreak
11-29-2004, 12:02
Region Free versions of a commercial DVD are usually fakes, made from a PAL format DVD, which will look terrible on a region 1 player.

fastvfr
11-29-2004, 15:55
True, and worse still, PayPal/Ebay won't do a darn thing as long as you receive the product.

A customer of mine bought a video card from Ebay a while back, and it was fried! Obviously overclocked until it crisped; lines and corruption all over the screen...but since he actually RECEIVED a video card, destroyed or not they said TOO BAD.

Lovely customer service. I will never, EVER buy anything from Ebay. Never.

Caveat Emptor!!

Gecko10
11-30-2004, 06:25
I have been buying from this place for several years. Always pleased with their service and products.

http://www.ccvideo.com/