H&R ultraslug gun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : H&R ultraslug gun

mikedb
11-29-2004, 21:02
Any opinions. This is the slug gun with the bull barrel.

noway
11-30-2004, 08:07
IMHO, a good single shot slug gun. If you don't mind that, then they are just as good as most other slug guns on the market and the price is not bad.

If you want to see some of the feedback and performance that shooters get from these, go to their forum and review this model.

Michigun
11-30-2004, 11:56
They're heavy.

TJC
12-01-2004, 18:30
I was really considering one of these recently. Price is good on them and they have received some good reports on accuracy, especially in the .20 gs. version.

But, I think I've decided to go with the Thompson Center in .20 ga. It's a bit lighter, 26" barrel, and I'm planning on adding a couple more barrel setups to the deal.

But the Ultra slugger is an awesome setup.

bachchoy
12-01-2004, 18:37
Nice
Strong
Heavy
Kicks like a mule!
Killer of Deer!

http://www.hr1871.com/firearms/large/UltraSHunter.jpg

Good solid gun! Will have it for many years to come.

:)

buckfever34
12-02-2004, 21:12
Absolutely the best slug gun I've ever had. It is the perfect "one shot, one kill" deer gun. I have not, however, ever shot a TC yet. I have always thought they were overpriced. However, I own a Remington 870 and 1100, Winchester model 1400, and I have shot many other slug guns and have yet to find one which outperforms the H & R.

I was a bit turned away by how heavy they were so I went with the 20 gauge version which is significantly lighter. In addition, the 20 gauge, has minimal recoil. My girlfriend took her first deer with it last year. She was able to practice with it several times and the lack of recoil kept her from wanting to flinch.

Also, the 20 gauge ballistics are very close to the 12 gauge version. But the 20 gauge does lose some velocity. I would not hesitate to take a 150 yard shot on a broadside deer that is standing still. I have compete confidence in this gun, but I have spent a lot of money on sabots to throw at paper.

Hope this helps. If you have any more q's let me know!!

Clint