I need your advice... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I need your advice...

Nestor
11-30-2004, 15:15
...with the Christmas present. It will be for my friend's son. He's 8 years old and he's very interesting in Air Force and Navy. I want to buy a simulation game, but not too difficult for 8 years old pilot. You know a lot of fun with good quality graphic, some shooting maybe connected with Navy Air Force or something like that. I'm not very familiar with new titles, so thank you in advance for any suggestion.

Adam

Hauptmann6
11-30-2004, 18:48
Pacific Fighters is quite good. It is developed in Russia. The developer Oleg Maddox is a decent guy(used to be a member of my board back when he was starting). The IL2 series is also very good but in Europe. All are WW2.

Modern? Lock On Modern Air Combat is very good. But it requires a REAL computer and it would be way over an 8 year olds head...

Nestor
12-01-2004, 00:52
Thank you very much. Now I know what I will be looking for.

Nestor
12-01-2004, 13:17
Ok, one more question. Is there a difference between a game bought here in Europe and in the USA? I mean... I want to buy this game here and send it to the USA for my friend's son. Can he play this game on his computer? I know that for the DVD it's impossible...

Adam

Hauptmann6
12-01-2004, 14:04
There shouldn't be other than the languages. You could order from a US retailer online and have it sent to him. And that would avoid all import/export tarrifs.

Nestor
12-01-2004, 14:28

MrMurphy
12-01-2004, 17:44
Gamestop.com, www.EBGames.com, www.bestbuy.com all will stock a lot of games like that for the PC.

The IL-2 series is supposed to be VERY good.

chec
12-02-2004, 10:52
Nestor, if you cant find the game, talk with a nerd at the store. They could usually recomend you another flight game. I also played Janes WWII, You need to have a fast computer for it to work and the game is awesome. Its not really a simulator but it has you shoot down WWII planes.

Hauptmann6
12-02-2004, 11:09
Janes WW2 has been out of production for a long time... A 300 mhz cpu should run it without a problem. It came out the same time as MS CFS.

The IL2 series and LoMac(good, but a PITA) are about the only good flight sims out now.

If ya want more info go to www.cfsipgames.com and ask there. Quite a few knowegeable guys there.

Nestor
12-02-2004, 12:54
Thank you very much. It was very helpful and I hope that small pilot will have a lot of fun:)