Tough [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tough

GLOCKFAN4LIFE
11-30-2004, 19:14
Well i have owned both the x800 by ati and the 6800 ultra by invidia and i have to say i get alot better fps out of the 6800 nice card but pricy....

fastvfr
12-01-2004, 07:32
I'm guessing that ATI card wasn't of the X800XT Platinum Edition variety...

All of the benches I have seen show it coming out on top of any other video solution on the market. In fact, on equivalent systems it turns in scores of at least 500 3DMark05 points ahead of the 6800U.

If it was a X800 or X800 Pro you used, that explains much, as those cards are on par with NVidia's 6800NU and GT cards.

Don't get me wrong...I use NVidia cards myself. And I dislike ATI drivers for several reasons, not the least of which is their lack of Linux compatibility.

But the Platinum Edition X800XT is currently king of the hill. And the tradeoff between the two cards has always been that NVidia has better support for OpenGL and more powerful drivers, while ATI cards handle DirectX9.0x better and support more powerful AA/AF usage w/o huge framerate hits.

Glad you like your 6800U!! Soon I hope to join the ranks of Ex-FX card owners with a 6800GT.

Best regards,

FastVFR