capture video from moniter or alternative [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : capture video from moniter or alternative

DesertEagle
11-30-2004, 19:52
Okay, guru's of GT. Let's see if ya'll can come through for me.

There is a website with a funny video, I want to capture it for my funny video archive. However, it isn't a direct link, it's an embedded video, and appears to be in flash format based on the right click context menu.

So one of two things needs to happen. I need to either A) Find a way to leech the file for storage on my HDD, and preferably be able to make it into like an mpg format. Otherwise, B) Capture an MPG (preferable) or AVI (acceptable) video of my internet browser playing the video (and the audio that goes with it). I have no video camera, so I can't just videotape my monitor, also my video card is not one of the uber-bells-und-vistles cards with all the vid-cap technology, which may be the fault in my question to begin with.

BUT, if anyone can answer, ya'll can. So... Is it possible, and how? Also if someone else has the requisite tech to make it happen and then email me the file, that would work as well. I can PM the link. It is naughty, so I don't want to post it publicly per the rules. Bad language and all.

D.E.

hwyhobo
11-30-2004, 21:08
Clean out your browser cache. Go to that site, watch the video. Exit browser. One of the files in your cache should be this video. It may have a cryptic name, so you need to experiment a bit.

chevrofreak
11-30-2004, 23:42
PM me. There arent many things I cant steal off websites. Heck, if its naughty, I probably already have it ;f

RaiderRodney
12-01-2004, 09:53
Yes it is in your temp internet folder, may have to show hidden files to see it. Look for the biggest files...not sure what you would open flash file with though. Like hwyhobo said just play with it a bit.

Sinister Angel
12-01-2004, 10:05
browse the source, get the link, throw in address bar, shift + enter, you are ready to rock

chevrofreak
12-01-2004, 13:39
you can open flash files with Media Player Classic http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358