Best Place To Buy An Arai Helmet? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best Place To Buy An Arai Helmet?

WERA49
11-30-2004, 21:58
Arai Quantum's are my favorite helmet. I need a new one. My dealer wants $499 for the Re-Entry Quantum II that I like.

I know that Arai has a policy of dealer sales only. I understand why. My question is, which dealer has the best prices on Arai's?

Eyespy, maybe you'll know. I've not bought a helmet in approx. five years.

RBR
11-30-2004, 22:25
I picked-up my Arai Quantum-f Re-Entry on Ebay for $290.00. Ebay dealer was powersport-closeouts and everything was fine (brand new in the box/tags etc..). Most store-fronts were asking $550.00 retail for it.

The Quantum-f, although very comfortable, has a lot of wind-noise so I alway wear my plugs with it.

I guess Arai felt that discount warehouses were diminishing their brand image. But as long as you know your size why not order & save money?

WERA49
11-30-2004, 23:31
I picked-up my Arai Quantum-f Re-Entry on Ebay for $290.00.
I've heard about helmet scams on eBay.

I've not looked on eBay in approx. a month. I'll check again.

Texas T
12-01-2004, 09:42
Why they are so expensive...

http://www.exackley.com/movies/misc/arai.wmv

:)

Compy
12-01-2004, 11:13
My boss bought his Arai on Ebay for $275, brand new. There are a couple good dealers there, just check the feedback before you bid.

k12lts
12-07-2004, 14:08
I've bought an Arai and a Shoei on Ebay. Sometimes you have to wait a while for the one you want to be availble but I you are patient you can get a deal

Check the sellers feedback and watch out for excessive shipping charges. There are deals to be had.

WERA49
12-07-2004, 16:40
There are deals to be had.
I've looked on eBay. All that is available are the Quantum F, not the Quantum II. The new model has a removable liner and comes in a color that I like better.

My Quantum E has been an excellent helmet.

I've got time. I won't need a new helmet until Spring. Surely, I can find a decent price by then.

Jayock
12-09-2004, 19:36
I order all my stuff from MRI - www.ridersinc.com; I always shop around for anything I buy, and have never found a better price on anything ive been looking for. Great customer service too.

Eyespy
12-09-2004, 23:07
Originally posted by WERA49
Arai Quantum's are my favorite helmet. I need a new one. My dealer wants $499 for the Re-Entry Quantum II that I like.

I know that Arai has a policy of dealer sales only. I understand why. My question is, which dealer has the best prices on Arai's?

Eyespy, maybe you'll know. I've not bought a helmet in approx. five years.

I am preferential to Shoei helmets, so I have not kept pace with retail pricing trends on Arai or other helmet brands. Especially ever since Arai introduced their B&M dealer only sales policy. It's been quite a long time since I have had any need to visit any retail motorcycle accessories physical location, because of other resources and affiliations available to me. I'm sorry I was of no help in this instance.

Jayock
12-09-2004, 23:29
One thing I love about shoei is that they will inspect your helmet after a drop or crash for free.

RoyG
12-10-2004, 15:44
They don't have Arai helmets, but they do have most other makes. Also they have pretty good closeouts on last years styles.

Motorcyle Super Store (http://www.motorcyclesuperstore.com)

beemerphile
12-10-2004, 18:51
I just bought an Arai Quantum on eBay for $125! It was nearly new and when I got it I could not tell that it had ever been worn. I watched for about a month before the right one came along that didn't get bid up past my strike price. If you know the size and will settle for a solid color, you can do well there. I agree that the Arai Quantum is the best lid yet for my head. Arai Signets and Shoeis are both too oblong for me. - Lee

Bowtie
12-26-2004, 22:24
Try CycleGear.com They have great prices

epsylum
01-18-2005, 15:43
I got my quantum-f with the raptor color onebay for about $200. It was barely used, and still had that new-helmet smell. I feel I got an awesome price on an awesome helmet.

Again check ebay.

Glockfather
01-18-2005, 17:17
I've used Brockton Cycle for Arai helmets before. Very good pricing.

www.brocktoncycle.com

Ask for Ed.