Going to Try for Technician Test [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Going to Try for Technician Test

BrianDamage
12-01-2004, 18:27
next Wednesday (12/7/04)

I had planned on doing tech/cw but I'm learning the code slower than I thought (using the ARRL cd's...I have alot of trouble memorizing anything )

So I made up my mind, I'm just going to go ahead and shoot for Tech. I've been doing the free practice test on QRZ and regularly passing them in the 80's and higher.

Don't really know why I'm rushing though....don't have the money for a radio right now ;g Maybe after the first of the year I'll get one.

teeuu
12-01-2004, 19:28
Make sure you don't miss it. Next Wednesday is the 8th. :)

Good luck!

BrianDamage
12-01-2004, 20:05
oops good thing I looked..its on Thursday the 9th;f

Steve-O
12-10-2004, 10:27
Well, how did you do? It's been a while for me, but I think you get the results at the testing time. Hope you made it.

Steve, N4TTG

BrianDamage
12-10-2004, 15:39
Originally posted by Steve-O
Well, how did you do? It's been a while for me, but I think you get the results at the testing time. Hope you made it.

Steve, N4TTG

look down 1 thread ;f

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=318626

Steve-O
12-13-2004, 12:56
Well, then I guess congrats are in order. Maybe I'll look to upgrade, as I've just come off of a long hiatus from ham. Last time I was active, the upper class licenses required 13 or 20 wpm code and there was no IRLP. I now know how Rip Van Winkle felt ;P

Pack26
12-17-2004, 06:45
Go for it Brian. It took me three years to get 13 wpm for the General class ticket.

Are you still shooting IDPA? Say hello to Chris for me. I don't shoot much since I left Larry's and moved home to Indiana.

73s
Gary de N9ZYE

BrianDamage
12-17-2004, 15:37
Originally posted by Pack26
Go for it Brian. It took me three years to get 13 wpm for the General class ticket.

Are you still shooting IDPA? Say hello to Chris for me. I don't shoot much since I left Larry's and moved home to Indiana.

73s
Gary de N9ZYE

no ..wish I had time for it though...I really enjoyed shooting IDPA.

Just got to be too much trying to work, shoot & hunt too. Can't have too many hobbies that keep ya away from home

;)