ibook 14" with Superdrive....got one? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : ibook 14" with Superdrive....got one?

bobby_w
12-01-2004, 19:37
Anybody have one of the NEW iBook G4's ?

I have not had a running Mac in a couple of years and this notebook has really caught my eye. I have 4 old old Mac's in the store room gathering dust. One is the orignal 128k dual foppy Mac's. The last one I bought was a Centris 660AV.

I have 6 PC's (all flavors of Windows and Linux) here at the house and manage 70 users at my current job and a computer room full of Compaq servers.

This iBook has just caught my eye. Not interested in a PowerBook as I just would not use it enough to justify it.

So anyone got one?

ToyotaMan
12-02-2004, 08:21
I bought a Powerbook G4 1.5 Ghz back in March when this new model had just been announced. I had been looking for a new laptop, and Mac's in particular after having been a Windows guy forever.

I was glad I waited as if I gone with Mac and purchased a Powerbook a week before, I wouldn't have received the upgraded model as it hadn't yet been announced.

I'm in love with my Powerbook and with Mac OSX. I'm now over the "my Mac is perfect and I'm better than idiot Windows users." Because when it comes to specialty software, most things are going to be made for Windows, not Mac.

I forward you now to www.appleinsider.com and their message board forums. They are a wealth of information about Mac's and I'm sure they'll be able to answer this question much more quickly than the great folks here on GT.